Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
Prayers and well wishes for your surgery, Shug! "The human voice is the organ of the soul" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

As far as trying out different dimensions of fabric that work for me, there are only so far two of my gathered end hammocks that I can't sleep comfortably in, and they are both <10' length. Context: I'm 5'9" and 200 pounds. Wide hammocks without a knotty mod are only an "inconvenience" with flappy fabric for me (no biggie). 12' hammocks are great for me and finding the sweet spot, but not for my main UQ, because the primary suspension shock cord gets pushed to its limits. Ten of my gathered end hammocks are 11'ers, and give me the best test of fabric types (1.6 seems to be my favorite). The only hammock that breaks my pattern is my Trailheadz Banshee UL. It's a 10.5' with 58" width, and the fabric is a 1.2. Dunno what magic John is working, but it's a super comfy hammock for me.
The reality of Silent Shug of the Third Person is getting real! I bought snore tape to put over my lips to remind me not to utter a peep. Never knew it even was a thing. Going to be interesting.
I am not familiar with those Trailheadz Banshee UL hammocks. Will have to explore that.

Quote Originally Posted by tinktheman12 View Post
Thanks for the video. Hope your operation and recovery go well. You're in good hands down in Rochester. Stay sane during your "silent treatment" - I think you'll find ways to communicate just fine!
We stay in the Kahler hotel tonight and procedure in the AM. My surgeon seems smart and capable and at the Mayo Clinic. She smiles easily. In good hands.
I have a notebook and pen, a small white board and a text/talk app on phone all set. Thankee.
Plenty to keep me sane. I'll play a lot of music and put some Winter camping gear together.