An internet search of "prusik" will return many results for the Prusik that is made with a loop, with said loop being wrapped in the 'standard' Prusik configuration around another cord or rope, with the free end attached to a carabiner or a cord/rope, etc.

I was discussing the Blake hitch with a friend a few days ago, mentioning its advantage of being able to form an adjustable loop that is perfect for guy lines and other applications... no need for a separate loop as per the classic Prusik. Then it occurred to me that this trick could also be accomplished with a Prusik with a different approach to tying it. The big bonus with this is that you can tie it into the end of any knot-friendly cord without cutting another small cord for the Prusik loop. The overall result is also neater in appearance.

Thinking that I couldn't have been the first person to realize this, sure enough after a fair amount of searching I was able to find this YT video that illustrates the two versions, the classic loop style and the single-line method.

In any event, here is how it works and looks when tied with Lawson's Guywire. I used a simple overhand loop (follow-thru style) to secure the tag end, but any knot is fine:

First pic shows the Prusik loosely tied... note the overhand (leaving it loose) which is the first step:

Next, the Prusik is dressed and the tag end follows back thru the overhand knot, and everything is cinched/dressed:

Close-up of finished Single-line Prusik: