Hi everyone,

I've been hammock camping off and on for about 4 years now. My wife just converted a couple weeks ago after she slept in a bridge hammock and realized her hips didn't hurt.

Our friends invited us to Durango on October 11th and want to take us camping. I'd like to use our hammocks if we can. The only issue is we are desert campers and don't really have cold weather gear. So I'd like your feedback on what you would do if you were in my shoes to make sure you were nice and toasty at night. It says the low is 35 in October but I think we are going to be at higher elevation so I suspect it might even be in the low 30's or high 20's.

We are also hiking in to the campground. It is not far so weight isn't a huge issue but we need to put our sleep system on our backs for the night.

Me
- EE 20F quilt.
- Jarbidge 25 underquilt
- Warbonet RR
- Superfly

Wife
- -20F sleeping bag she is borrowing from her friend.
- Jarbidge 25 underquilt
- REI quarter dome hammock and tarp

I think I'm most worried about me and the jarbidges since they are rated to 25 but they also aren't made for bridge hammocks. I tied prussik's to the dogbones but I haven't tested it to weather this cold. I think I might be cold in my EE quilt and the Jarbidge.

Also I'm worried about her tarp. I would hate for us to get caught in a storm and to have her hammock get wet because of inadequate coverage. Also, how ineffective will the bottom of the bag be compressed in a hammock? Any guesses?

Any advice from cold weather hangers is much appreciated!!!!!!!! Thanks!