Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images

Arrow Smashed out a Hammock and Tarp

Finally finished my hammock and tarp...Been so busy with school havent had much time to DIY...Would have liked for my stitching to be alittle more clean but I seem to always be in a rush...Its for me so I wasnt to worried about it. Just needed to get it done in time for these upcoming trips. I hung in it for a one night so far and it is very comfortable. Only regret is I wish I had made it shorter...Meant to make it 10' and made it 10' 6" out of pure habit. Ill make another one over the winter that will be the right size.
    Hammock
    Some of the features:
    10'6" X 60"
    I wanted a removable top cover and bugnet for over a year now but havent gotten around to making it until recently. I like the fact that these separating zippers have two pulls so you can vent the foot area as well as the head area on the top-cover. I added some mesh to the head area of the top-cover so I could vent better if needed but still provide some wind protection during those colder seasons. This allows the top-cover to be rolled back about 1/3rd of the way.
    The top-cover and be taken off and a regular bug-net zipped on for the warmer seasons. Or I can go without the top-cover or bugnet and just have an open hammock.
    I put an adjustable SRL just incase I need to do any tweaking which has proven to be quite handy.

I liked LostBikers hammock that had the quilt hooks on it so I borrowed that idea for mine. I originally wanted to use Dutch's quilt hooks but at $2 a piece, it added up to more than I wanted to spend on my student budget so I went with $0.19 a piece pack hooks from OWF. On the next one I will probably get the Dutch quilt hooks. I put 4 at each end to handle different size UQs.

Used 6' UCRs 7/64" Black Amsteel for my suspension with 8' - 3800 lbs B.S. custom polyester webbing tree straps.

Anyways, just wanted to share..I am still planning to make some more video tutorials on how I make all my gear...It just takes alittle time because of school. If you are thinking about getting into MYOG, do it...It is alot of fun and very rewarding...It isnt as hard as you think...

Next post is my tarp I made this last weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts