Easy noob stuff here. I've only just become aware of the relaxation and pleasures that a hammock can induce. Went camping last month with some friends and picked up a $15 hammock off Amazon to bring with, just on a whim. It turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip. When I got back home I instantly ordered up an ENO single nest, carabiners, and some whoopie slings and six foot 1" nylon tree straps.

So my question is - what's the simpliest/best way to rig that up? My first impulse is to put the six foot nylon tree strap (with loops sewn into the ends) around the tree and through itself. Then use a carabiner as a toggle and do the marlin spike hitch trick, which the adjustable end of the whoopie "attaches" to, and have carabiners attaching the whoopie to the hammock.

I'm sure I have too many parts there. And with experience I'm sure I could whittle it down to a more efficient rig. But I was hoping to skip all of that (or at least have a head start).

Advice?

PS- thanks to everyone here. this place was invaluable while researching what to buy. bought my whoopies and tree straps from whoopieslings.com