Another great time It was fun to see the kids out there despite the water being much more refreshing then what we experienced last year. A very laid back scene for this event which is always a nice change of pace. Temps were a bit warm during the day but that was what we were hoping for so that we could enjoy being in the water. Thanks to Swampfox for bringing his ski boat and providing shuttle service and play time in the lake with the tubes and water skis. Speaking of Swampfox, for the record, if you ever get a chance to do a hang with him, just clear out and watch. I have seen some pretty elaborate setups, not just hammock & tarp, but the WHOLE deal! I honestly was looking for to power cord for the coffee pot he had set up. This guy does not shy away from preparing his menu just because he is in the woods.

Thanks goes to Chickenwing for securing the island and "lugging" over lots of gear to ensure we had everything. He's got some future hammockers coming along in his two daughters, Elizabeth and Addison, although I think a few layers of "X" would suffice for Addison to make her a waterbed. She loved being in the water. ChickenWing also brought along his friend Jason (ok, some call him Casey...) and his daughter Maya who was on her first camping trip. Now I did not catch Maya's age but if I had to guess I would say 4 . Definitely a show stealer there. Now Jason... ok, Casey and Maya were ground-dwellers in a 2-man tent but I hear Maya was wanting to have a sleepover in her tent with everyone. Casey was a great performer as well telling "spooky" campfire stories on Friday evening for the kids, what a great Dad.

It was good to finally meet Shrek as we had a good time sharing background information while waiting for Swampfox to arrive. I really think he had the best site right on the point of the island (Campsite #2) with an open view of the sunrise...and there's no way to miss it while sleeping in his spacious SB.

Also got to meet WildCard on Saturday, a shorter time on the island but fine fella indeed. Did not get a chance to see his setup but I believe he was in prime real-estate with Shrek. WFR aslo should up on Saturday a few hours behind WildCard. Getting the 1 night "Get-out-of-jail-for-free" card, he made the trip over to enjoy Sat nite dinner, campfire, and then made the early shuttle on Sun morning to get back home. True hammocker even if it is only for a short while.

My family arrived Saturday morning with my 2 girls (BugBait and Lila) and my wife (Allyson), as well as my brother-in-law Skip and his 2 girls and his wife. My girls stayed in their HH Exped and Allyson debated long and hard to either return Saturday evening to her mom's place (on the lake) where there is A/C, bathrooms, and a prepared breakfast waiting for her but she opted to stay on the island. Hard decision for her but I am proud of her for staying with us. My in-laws joined us for dinner Saturday evening. . .

Speaking of dinner.... WHOOOOO BUDDDDDY !

It was noted that Saturday at 6:00 pm was supposed to be "Judgement Day". Surely it must have been. LowFrogBeaufortMoreCountryBoilStew (last year's joke...) or what is commonly known as a Low Country Boil (my regards to those that call it Beaufort Stew, Frogmore Stew, all the same thing...). Another HEAPING pile of pure goodness. Thanks to all for their contributions and my apologies for leaving behind the cocktail sauce. Something always gets left behind just wished it wasn't the cocktail sauce . After dinner, there was a consensus that we all had died and we were in heaven. Swampfox prepared 2 dutch oven desserts . One was a blackberry cobbler and the other was a peach upside down cake. Here is where I got a chance to redeem myself from the cocktail sauce mishap. . . Thanks GRAM (mother-in-law) for bringing over the vanilla ice cream for topping off the desserts. Not sure if a final decision was ever made to which dessert was better but I had both and my verdict is . . .

Now, I am not one to take pictures, never been my thing, but others have posted pics in the trip planning thread already. Hopefully they'll catch this thread and link their pics in here. A great time was had by all and we look forward to doing it again.

P.S. . . . I always learn something new. Note to self: As swell as a guy Swampfox is, always turn down his offer of coffee in the evening if you want to sleep through the night . Coffee with Swampfox ONLY in the morning .