Talking Hello from Wisconsin!

Hi everyone!

I’m Al, an avid outdoorsman from Wisconsin.

This is my first post, thanks for having me 😁

I am VERY new to backpack hammock camping and was recommended to join this forum. I have on trip under my belt with a Kammock Double Roo and a Klymit Insulated V lite, which was passable, but I think there’s room for improvement. So looking forward to learning from you all!I also posted this in the WTB forum, but figured I’d include it here as well. Hoping to try a lightweight/backpacking bridge hammock on a budget (expecting our first baby on Tuesday!!) so hoping to find some second hand gear. Also interested in trying a lightweight/backpacking underquilt. Bug net isn’t a must as most of my trips will be in Southern Colorado ~10,000 ft, but a rain fly/tarp is a plus! Well used gear is more than welcome, just not quite sure I trust myself doing repairs.

Any other advice or gear recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Welcome, Al. and congrats on the new bambino. You've come to the right place for info. Have you watched Shug Emery's videos, yet? He has a wonderful series that starts from the beginning of acquiring a hammock and the learning curve associated with it.
    There are quite a few Hammock campers in WI. Karla with a K posts about the group hangs in your area. Check out the forum posts for your area in the Campouts and Trip planning section of the forums. A group hang is an excellent place to meet people, check out gear, and learn some stuff. Eating is usually involved, too. If you can't go for the whole weekend, you might find one close enough to get to for the day or overnight.

Charlotte

• + New Posts