I haven't been hanging much the last few years but when I do, it seems that I cannot get my hang right. My suspension is at the proper angle and typically the trees are 14-16 feet apart. The hammock will be at a reasonable height off the ground until I sit in it, and then I get VERY close to the ground. I am not a tall person only being 5'8" but I get the straps as high on the trees as I can, even standing on a log to get them higher and this doesn't help. The trees don't have any flex as they are thick enough that I can barely get my arms around them in some cases. My weight is a little under 200lbs. I don't recall having this problem when I used webbing, toggles, and whoopie slings but I was also ~30lbs lighter back then.

Hammock
Warbonnet XLC 1.7 single layer with amsteel

Suspension
Amsteel continuous loops
Dutch cinch bugs
Dutch dyneema/polypro tree straps
Dutch titanium clips

Could the hammock or suspension be stretching too much hence me sinking to the ground? It is the only thing I can figure. The last trip I was on, the trees were a bit further apart than usual, maybe 20 feet, and my under quilt was touching the ground. The sagging makes it particularly difficult to get my feet higher than my head so I usually end up sliding towards the foot end while sleeping, which is also annoying.