OK, here comes my first newbie question.

Before I decided on a hammock I was going to get a tent. I don't like mummy shaped sleeping bags and started looking for quilts. But what I at last decided on isn't even a quilt. It's a blanket. An AsTucas Sestrals blanket.
https://www.astucas.com/en/products/sestrals-blanket/

I was planning on an Apex 200 medium wide. To begin with I'll do mainly summer camping. We can have tropical nights here (at least 20 °C), but the temperature can also drop to close to 0. If I like the blanket I though I can get a lighter one later and then I will also be able to combine them and get something really warm for early spring and late autumn. Seems Apex 200 gives me the widest temperature range. I get cold easily when I'm not moving, especially if there is a drought. Apex 200 has an estimated comfort temp of -5 °C, but I think that rather corresponds to 0 for me - tops.

I wanted the wide partly because I'm wide myself but also because that's recommended if you want to combine two blankets.

NOW I'm getting to the point. My hammock is waiting for me at the post office so I haven't tried it yet and I've just briefly tested another hammock, never slept in one. I probably won't be able to test in a while because of the weather. My hammock is a Hennessy Jungle Expedition Zip.

On the ground I can stick my legs out, fold the blanket away and so on and get cooler in several different ways. But what happens in a hammock? If I get the wide blanket, will the sides of the hammock force the blanket to fold over me so I get twice the coverage and get even hotter? I guess that if I fold the mosquito net aside I can let the blanket hang out over the sides of the hammock. But we do have a lot of mosquitoes in the summer, especially where I'm planning on going, so I'll probably want to use the net.

What do you say? Is a wide blanket a good or bad idea?