11 foot gathered hexon1.7
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5

WNC> Pre-John Rock Hang 18th-19th Interest Thread

The John Rock group hang is just up the road from me. I live in Rosman, NC on a completely undeveloped tract of land. I wanted to see if anyone was interested in a "pre-hang". I would be more than welcome to open up to anyone who wants to extend their trip more than just the Friday, Saturday, Sunday of the group hang.

I have multiple running streams on my land, which is the best tasting water that I have ever had. I filter it, but my neighbors drink it straight from the source. There is a fish stocked lake within walking distance, which you could have access to also. While I have listed the 18th and 19th as the prehangs, my land is open up for more time than that. I may have to work some or all of the days leading up until Friday, but I will be at the land after work every evening. I'm not quite sure what my schedule is.

Not only do I have 17 acres of which I give you free reign, but my back property line is connected to over 200 acres of state land which can be explored. Supposedly, there is an old lumber mill on top of one of the nearby mountains. This entire area was logged many years ago, and so you can find the remnants all over.

This will be a very informal hang, but it will allow you to get outside and use your gear in the wilderness. Everything here is roughing it. There are no bathrooms or electricity. We are in gold and gemstone area, close to Sapphire valley. I plan to make a couple of classifiers to sift through the rocks in a few of the bends in my streams.

You may want to add this to the official thread.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5
    Thanks for the suggestion snwcmpr

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Due to work constraints I'm not able to pre-hang this year, but I just wanted to say thank you for your generous offer! I'd definitely recommend bringing this up at the JRH, just for future reference.
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5
    Bobo, some of the hangers are going out to the JRH site a day or two early. That's all that I was looking for, to extend 2 days into 4 or 5. I definitely can host some hangs at my location, but there's no reason to create a separate group considering some will stay at the enchanted forest a little longer. I'm actually considering doing more of a base camp setup at JRH for people, bringing out a big tarp, and a solar lighting kit. We'll see....

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trambo View Post
    Bobo, some of the hangers are going out to the JRH site a day or two early. That's all that I was looking for, to extend 2 days into 4 or 5. I definitely can host some hangs at my location, but there's no reason to create a separate group considering some will stay at the enchanted forest a little longer. I'm actually considering doing more of a base camp setup at JRH for people, bringing out a big tarp, and a solar lighting kit. We'll see....
    I keep a 20x30 with cordage in my car if needed.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Quote Originally Posted by Trambo View Post
    Oh no, I didn't mean create two groups for this specific hang, I just meant the land as a possibility for future hangs. Sorry about the confusion!
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    I feel this could be another event separate from the JRH in the future. Would love to see your land. I own 1.5 acres of wooded land and them trees don't stop growing. I always have plenty of firewood.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    I feel this could be another event separate from the JRH in the future. Would love to see your land. I own 1.5 acres of wooded land and them trees don't stop growing. I always have plenty of firewood.
    This is more along the lines of what I was thinking^
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    Tarp
    11 ft winter dutch
    Insulation
    TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Spider Straps 1.5
    Yep, I am definitely interested in meeting with people, and allowing them to use my land. I am going to be building a bushcraft house out there, and slowly transitioning it into a full time living situation. I do have to duck some building codes and such, but this just means that it has to be out of the view of the road. Initially, I had wanted to offer the area for people to show up just before the hang, but that was before I knew that people were going to the JRH early.

Peeety, that's bigger than my tarp, and it would go perfectly with my solar lighting kit. If you'd be interested in bringing the tarp, I can bring all of the lights and everything to make it a perfect little basecamp. Check out the product here:https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/solarhome-620 and the youtube video here: https://youtu.be/say6ILpMZA8

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast