Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidson View Post
    Post #39 in the below thread. No one from HammockForums is condoning or supporting him as a vendor.

I still feel it better serves anyone researching their purchase to know the issues there have been. Hell, I'd argue to make the OES subforum a 32 char size in bold red font that comes up anytime someone opens the vendor sub-forum. Joking of course, but my point is with all of these issues, one is able to clearly see them if they take any reasonable amount of time to look.

https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...building/page4
    That's actually a good point, well said.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I totally agree, why has he been allowed to remain on our vendors list as long as he has?
    I understand that people are responsable for thier own choices but alot of newwbee's are at risk of making the same mistake as the op.
    Leaving him on our list could be seen as some as an endorsement.
    We have too many good vendors here that would welcome the buisness and deserve it.
    Get rid of him!!
    As has been discussed, asserted, reinforced, and repeated time and time again, the vendor subforms have nothing to do with any implicit or explicit promotion, support, or endorsement by Hammockforums.net in any way. They are simply an organizational tool, a way to keep all information and threads about a specific topic bundled together neatly in one spot.

Having a subforum does not mean that Hammockforums considers that vendor to be good, bad, or anything else. It simply means that at one time there were deemed enough threads about them or discussing them that it was decided to create an folder to sort all of those threads into.

Likewise not having a subforum does not mean that Hammockforums thinks the vendor is not good enough, or not worth mentioning, nor is there any system by which vendors can pay to have their own subforum (as has been suggested before). It simply means that a subjective critical mass of threads pertaining to that vendor has not been reached, causing the admins to create an area to better organize and sort them.

There are just over 250 threads in the OES subforum. That's more than DD Hammocks, Ripstop By The Roll, Treklight Gear, Speer, Whoopieslings.com, Molly Mac, BIAS, Hammeck, or Claytor. That's why they have a subforum - plain and simple. Doing away with it now would mean that all of those threads, spanning over 8 years of history, would either get dumped into the "other vendor" area, or have to be sorted into other subforms throughout the forums. That's a lot of work that someone would have to do, and there's really no point to it.

All the information is there to be seen - the good, the bad, and the ugly. The sticky telling people to beware, the countless threads talking about the horrible customer service experiences, lack of communication, etc. Right next to the threads praising the quality, telling about their quick ship times, etc. All laid out neatly for people to look at, and research, before they choose to order. If forum members want to order from OES, they do so clearly and plainly at their own risk.

I agree with the sentiments above, in that I don't understand why people still take the gamble considering how much is out there suggesting it's a risky proposition - however let's not continue to perpetuate the myth and incorrect idea that having a subforum = Hammockforums supporting or endorsing something.
    Last edited by silentorpheus; 09-01-2016 at 14:17.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Exactly what silentorpheus ^^^ said. Nothing more, nothing less.

In fact the below statement is at the top of the vendor section in nice bold letters!!!

Forum: Hammock Gear - Manufacturers and Services

These forums are not a seal of approval by Hammock Forums. The sub-forums are simply for organizational purposes
    Last edited by dkurfiss; 09-01-2016 at 14:19.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    In fact the below statement is at the top of the vendor section in nice bold letters!!!

Forum: Hammock Gear - Manufacturers and Services

These forums are not a seal of approval by Hammock Forums. The sub-forums are simply for organizational purposes
    So it is ... though I'll be the first to admit, you pointing it out is now the first time I've ever noticed that.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    As has been discussed, asserted, reinforced, and repeated time and time again, the vendor subforms have nothing to do with any implicit or explicit promotion, support, or endorsement by Hammockforums.net in any way. They are simply an organizational tool, a way to keep all information and threads about a specific topic bundled together neatly in one spot.

Having a subforum does not mean that Hammockforums considers that vendor to be good, bad, or anything else. It simply means that at one time there were deemed enough threads about them or discussing them that it was decided to create an folder to sort all of those threads into.

Likewise not having a subforum does not mean that Hammockforums thinks the vendor is not good enough, or not worth mentioning, nor is there any system by which vendors can pay to have their own subforum (as has been suggested before). It simply means that a subjective critical mass of threads pertaining to that vendor has not been reached, causing the admins to create an area to better organize and sort them.

There are just over 250 threads in the OES subforum. That's more than DD Hammocks, Ripstop By The Roll, Treklight Gear, Speer, Whoopieslings.com, Molly Mac, BIAS, Hammeck, or Claytor. That's why they have a subforum - plain and simple. Doing away with it now would mean that all of those threads, spanning over 8 years of history, would either get dumped into the "other vendor" area, or have to be sorted into other subforms throughout the forums. That's a lot of work that someone would have to do, and there's really no point to it.

All the information is there to be seen - the good, the bad, and the ugly. The sticky telling people to beware, the countless threads talking about the horrible customer service experiences, lack of communication, etc. Right next to the threads praising the quality, telling about their quick ship times, etc. All laid out neatly for people to look at, and research, before they choose to order. If forum members want to order from OES, they do so clearly and plainly at their own risk.

I agree with the sentiments above, in that I don't understand why people still take the gamble considering how much is out there suggesting it's a risky proposition - however let's not continue to perpetuate the myth and incorrect idea that having a subforum = Hammockforums supporting or endorsing something.
    I never said nor do i think that them being on the vendors list is an endorsement i simply stated that newer members might see it that way.
    But i have to agree with you that everyone should do thier own homework and make thier own choice's.
    It does baffle me why some still take the chance of ordering from him when the majority of his posts are soo negative?
    I just really dont like seeing good people getting treated and disrespected the way he does to most of his customers.It just isn't right!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    while I don't disagree with any of the feedback given here, I am going to close this thread. I believe the OP has gotten good feedback on how we all think this should be handled. Continue to pile on is really not needed in this case. Everyone needs to actually do their own homework on any vendor and OES has plenty of feedback in this forum to do that with.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123