Hammock
    Jackson Pine
    Suspension
    HTH straps

Wise Owl Outfitters on Amazon

I found this hammock on Amazon that I had never seen before... Wise Owl Outfitters. They have really good reviews, and the straps and suspension system too.

Has anybody ever seen/owned/used this brand before?

SUPER STRONG parachute nylon fabric (210T Nylon)

EXTRA SAFE because it has triple interlocking stitching so you won't fall through

HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED to set it up and start relaxing in it now (Set of nautical ropes and 2 heavy duty steel carabiners included)

Ideas/suggestions /comments? I'm a bigger girl 5'8" @ 280ish lbs

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Typical ENO type hammock. Would make a good starter hammock for the price. You will still need some sort of tree straps.

Recommend that you find a group hang in your area and attend it even if it is just to visit so you can check out various rigs and talk to the folks using them and get a better idea of what you need.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    These are the Chinese hammocks that are relabelled for anyone to buy. They will sew logos onto the straps and bags. Biners are 5$ for a set, straps (daisy chain) for 7$ ish, hammocks... Flooding Amazon , aliexpress, and lots of online stores. Made in part by chinagoodwin.com wish they would stop emailing me

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    These are the Chinese hammocks that are relabelled for anyone to buy. They will sew logos onto the straps and bags. Biners are 5$ for a set, straps (daisy chain) for 7$ ish, hammocks... Flooding Amazon , aliexpress, and lots of online stores. Made in part by chinagoodwin.com wish they would stop emailing me
    They're coming out of the woodwork bigtime. Everyone suddenly sells/makes/relabels hammocks now. I was hoping it was a fad, like the guys wearing wool snow caps in 90° weather, but I'm afraid it isn't. Maybe a few more years.

Hammock
    Jackson Pine
    Suspension
    HTH straps
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    They're coming out of the woodwork bigtime. Everyone suddenly sells/makes/relabels hammocks now. I was hoping it was a fad, like the guys wearing wool snow caps in 90° weather, but I'm afraid it isn't. Maybe a few more years.

So in other words, I'm better off buying from an actual company versus a knock off?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clrpm View Post
    So in other words, I'm better off buying from an actual company versus a knock off?
    That would be a safe bet. But lots of these hammocks use heavy materials to support 350-400lb or even more. So I can't say they are all bad. I think it just comes down to the material used and stitching. Considering how important it is to hang for sleep 1, 2, 5 nights on a trip, you don't want to play around. Stick with what you know. That's how I see it.

Hammock
    Jackson Pine
    Suspension
    HTH straps
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    That would be a safe bet. But lots of these hammocks use heavy materials to support 350-400lb or even more. So I can't say they are all bad. I think it just comes down to the material used and stitching. Considering how important it is to hang for sleep 1, 2, 5 nights on a trip, you don't want to play around. Stick with what you know. That's how I see it.

I'm still pretty new with all of this hammock stuff... do you recommend a first time hammock?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clrpm View Post
    I'm still pretty new with all of this hammock stuff... do you recommend a first time hammock?
    I just wouldn't buy any cheap Chinese knockoff on Amazon. It's not like there's an HF subforum for Wise Owl Outfitters where you can talk about the product with others.

Dutch has some pretty good, reasonably priced gathered-end hammocks, and you can get a bugnet and suspension as well.

http://www.dutchwaregear.com

Buttinasling also has some nice deals.

http://www.buttinasling.com
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts