Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images

Lightbulb 12 Nights for the Ladies

@LookinForArrows had an awesome idea last September (12 Nights a Year) to challenge other hangers to spend one night per month outside. They have been posting the pictures of their hangs and trips throughout the year and it is pretty neat to see. It got me to thinkin'!

Since we as ladies face challenges of our own while out hammocking, and many of you have mentioned trying to get other ladies involved in the outdoors and hammock camping, I thought maybe we should start a similar challenge for ladies only. Not that you have to go by yourself or that camping with males doesn't count, but that this can be a chance for us to do our own 12 nights challenge.

No official rules other than choose your night(s) per month, choose your gear, choose your company (or lack thereof) and get out in the woods (or yard). Post your pictures here and let us know how it goes. If we are close by someone else, we may even be able to meet up for a hang one month as we go along.

@LookinForArrows mentioned a patch or something cool for those that complete and we can look into something like that if you want. Anyone else interested in this?
    Jes

"The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions."
    Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    No one else is interested in this?!?

Jes
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I just heard about this 12 night challenge and think this is a GREAT idea!

My story: To meet new friends, I joined meetup.com and since I was already into tent camping, I joined a camping & hiking group. Also, since I live in Wisconsin I wanted to embrace winter instead of complaining about it. So, when an event popped up "Quinzee camping", I signed up and then googled "what is a quinzee"

Here is a picture in what I slept in for a night during a Wisconsin January evening:

In February, I got to sleep in a winter tent in the snow. My first time. It was very hard to pound the stakes into the ground.

In March, I tried cabin camping with 10 other people and then in April, I was introduced to hammock camping. In all borrowed gear, I slept so well & so warm (even through the winter storm warning and 19 degree overnight temperature).

After surviving all these experiences, I decided to make it a goal to camp during every month this year.

In May I bought my 1st hammock & was gifted a tarp.

I've hammocked in June and July. I have plans for August, September, October, November & December.

This is my hammock set up while I camped in Colorado in June:

I just grabbed a ENO Housefly tarp at a REI garage sale and get to try it on my next trip. I'm having my mom help make an underquilt for me and I'm practicing how to use my P-style so I can pee standing up.

I've met the coolest of people at group hangs, pooped outside for the first time in my life, backpacked for the first time, and camped alone at a state park once. I am making this year EPIC!

Join me in this 12 night challenge!

What is YOUR story?
    ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 102 months

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I just heard about this 12 night challenge and think this is a GREAT idea!

My story: To meet new friends, I joined meetup.com and since I was already into tent camping, I joined a camping & hiking group. Also, since I live in Wisconsin I wanted to embrace winter instead of complaining about it. So, when an event popped up "Quinzee camping", I signed up and then googled "what is a quinzee"

Here is a picture in what I slept in for a night during a Wisconsin January evening:

In February, I got to sleep in a winter tent in the snow. My first time. It was very hard to pound the stakes into the ground.

In March, I tried cabin camping with 10 other people and then in April, I was introduced to hammock camping. In all borrowed gear, I slept so well & so warm (even through the winter storm warning and 19 degree overnight temperature).

After surviving all these experiences, I decided to make it a goal to camp during every month this year.

In May I bought my 1st hammock & was gifted a tarp.

I've hammocked in June and July. I have plans for August, September, October, November & December.

This is my hammock set up while I camped in Colorado in June:

I just grabbed a ENO Housefly tarp at a REI garage sale and get to try it on my next trip. I'm having my mom help make an underquilt for me and I'm practicing how to use my P-style so I can pee standing up.

I've met the coolest of people at group hangs, pooped outside for the first time in my life, backpacked for the first time, and camped alone at a state park once. I am making this year EPIC!

Join me in this 12 night challenge!

What is YOUR story?
    Wow, my friend! You rock!

I am nowhere near that hardcore...yet. Which is why I was interested in the challenge. I grew up camping with my family but even as a kid waking up after a night on the ground was misery. So I never really carried that with me into adulthood. But I love being outside and then a friend told me to buy a hammock. I found an eno onelink system on eBay and was instantly in love. I don't have any girlfriends who camp much less hammock camp so I do a lot solo. Which is kind of another reason I wanted to make a challenge for the ladies - to meet some new people even if they are miles and states away.

I just ordered my first hennesy hammock last night and I'm excited for it to get here! Can't wait to see your pics of your upcoming adventures!

Jes
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Due to family issues I don't know that I can get in 12 nights per year but I am more than willing to post what I do make. Sounds like fun.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Due to family issues I don't know that I can get in 12 nights per year but I am more than willing to post what I do make. Sounds like fun.
    That's ok. Do what you can!

Jes
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ADVStrom14 View Post
    Wow, my friend! You rock!

I am nowhere near that hardcore...yet. Which is why I was interested in the challenge. I grew up camping with my family but even as a kid waking up after a night on the ground was misery. So I never really carried that with me into adulthood. But I love being outside and then a friend told me to buy a hammock. I found an eno onelink system on eBay and was instantly in love. I don't have any girlfriends who camp much less hammock camp so I do a lot solo. Which is kind of another reason I wanted to make a challenge for the ladies - to meet some new people even if they are miles and states away.

I just ordered my first hennesy hammock last night and I'm excited for it to get here! Can't wait to see your pics of your upcoming adventures!

Jes
    I don't feel "hardcore" at all!!! I do feel adventurous though. Post a pic of you and your new Hennesy on your next adventure!
    ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 102 months

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I don't feel "hardcore" at all!!! I do feel adventurous though. Post a pic of you and your new Hennesy on your next adventure!
    Well I'm a weinie in cold weather. But I have made it my goal to camp in the winter here. And by winter, I mean the balmy 30* we manage to get to eastern NC. Lol! I cannot imagine snow and ice and all that for days out the year.

Will definitely post a pic of the new HH when it comes. I'm excited about it. I feel like I'm purchasing my first grown up hammock!

Jes
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

Hammock
    DIY PolyD
    Tarp
    DIY Sil-Poly Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator/MSS
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I plan on joining in on this. The summer heat index right now in AR is horrible though (105-110 degrees).
    It's not about the destination but about the journey.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Marlinspk/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlawrence View Post
    I plan on joining in on this. The summer heat index right now in AR is horrible though (105-110 degrees).
    Awesome! 105-110?!?! Wow!!! We are getting a break this week with 87-90 and 75% humidity. The last several weeks have been 95-100* with 90-100% humidity. Its not the heat to me that's so bad, it's the humidity.

Jes
    Jes

Willam F. Scolavino

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast