WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG 12' Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Sniveler/MtW3
    Suspension
    Whoopie cushions

TQ duvet?

Anyone here use a lightweight cover for their top quilt? I think they are called duvets. I want to keep the TQ clean.

You looking to keep the inside of the quilt or outside clean? Or both?

You could use a liner like the MLD Quilt Liner on the inside. Adds some warmth too. I used the quilt liner almost always on the ground, but found it a bit cumbersome in the hammock.

Now that I look for it ... Don't see it listed on the MLD website at present either.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    No. I keep my top quilt clean by cleaning myself prior to climbing into my hammock. A Duvet cover would not be worth its weight for me to include on a trip.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    No. I keep my top quilt clean by cleaning myself prior to climbing into my hammock. A Duvet cover would not be worth its weight for me to include on a trip.
    Agreed thats its not worth it, like I said, it was annoying as stink in the hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Anyone here use a lightweight cover for their top quilt? I think they are called duvets. I want to keep the TQ clean.
    I asked a similar question a short while ago. Someone suggested partially opening up the seam on a silk SB liner and use it like a TQ inside of a TQ. What that doesn't accomplish however is the inevitable transferring of body oils, etc. to the hammock bed. Some sort of PJs have been proposed for that. No easy solution if you like to sleep in minimal clothing, as many do. Bathing before sleeping only partially helps. It leads to the question of how to best launder a hammock.

If anybody has any great ideas, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would like to hear them.

I wear clean long underwear to bed to not only help stay warm, but to also keep my gear clean. I also carry wet wipes and take a saints bath with either the wet wipes or with a towel at a near by creek, if available. I change after I get up so as to keep my jammys clean.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I've had kind of the same idea in reverse. In hot weather, especially on the trail I'll try and snuggle up in my poncho liner or other lightweight quilt so I don't get sweat and grunge on the hammock (I can wash the quilt but it's trickier with the hammock). In the winter I'm almost always wearing some lightweight top/bottoms to bed so there's not much of me in direct contact with the quilt so those stay pretty clean.

• + New Posts