Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    Huggers & Whoopies
    This is a great idea! I think you'll be very successful with this idea. And you're close by for me! That'll be convenient.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

Calendered ripstop available?

I bought a bunch of the 1.9 oz. orange ripstop from your first offering, and have made a bunch of insulated hammocks with it. It's good stuff. I wish you would get some calendered (downproof) 1.9 oz, so I could use Primaloft insulation. I've been limited to continuous filament types like Climashield Green so far.

Images
    Very cool. Now if I only knew how to sew....

Hammock
    Hammock Universe Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    EE RevalatonX 20
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Will you ship to Canada? how much brokerage/duties etc?

Very cool idea, btw.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear -Modded
    Insulation
    Onewind Top/Underq
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    Very nice website and very reasonable prices. I'll be keeping an eye on this, for sure.
    - We're never going to survive this!!
    - Nonsense. You only say that because no one ever has.

Hammock
    3 custom hk2001 Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    IX Double Dog Bun
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
    NO ORDER MINIMUM. Instead of charging higher prices for small quantities, we keep the prices low by allowing you to purchase X number of yards off a 100-200 yd roll and shipping in bulk when the roll runs out or the sale is over (7-10 days usually). As long as you can wait a few days, you save 20-40% on the ripstop you need for your projects.

Thanks,
    I'm trying to figure out the above part of the description. Are you basically taking pre-orders? Meaning when you get enough orders from the DIY'ers you then order the roll yourself? Just wondering out loud here, otherwise why wait to ship to me. Am I paying in advance and then waiting, but what if no one else quickly buys the color I ordered? Thanks for clarifying this for me.
    -Turtle Creek

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    Quote Originally Posted by 80083r View Post
    Will you ship to Canada? how much brokerage/duties etc?

Very cool idea, btw.
    Some of the questions I was thinking of asking myself....

There are no duties on any US-made item coming into Canada. In practice, for small shipments -consumer vs industrial - (IME) there are no duties on foreign-made (e.g. Made in China) items shipped through the US to Canada.
    So, 'duties' don't apply.
    Lots of folks 'up here' confuse Canadian sales taxes with Customs duties. If your shipment is valuable enough to catch the eye of the officials, you will need to pay PST/GST/HST (whatever is applicable) on your shipment when you receive it. (The taxes are usually COD.) Same as if you bought the item down the street- which seems fair to me.
    Brokerage charges: If your shipment triggers taxes to be paid, the Post Office will charge $7.50 processing/service charge. For the same service, UPS/FedEX will charge $35 and up. And, UPS/FedEx always charge the taxes, even when your parcel might 'slip through' via the Post Office.
    DHL is slightly more reasonable IME if you absolutely need to use a courier service.
    So, for Canadians, the important question to ask a US seller (IMO) is: "Will you ship to Canada via USPostalService?" This can often be an inconvenience for the shipper (since UPS will pickup parcels most places vs. a trip to the PO) so we should appreciate the service.

BTW, never ask the shipper to declare the item as 'a gift'. Aside from the problem of asking somebody to lie, the 'gift' identifier is almost guaranteed to get your package checked by Customs, with the delays (and taxes) that this will cause. And, make sure that the shipper doesn't inflate the shipment value 'for insurance purposes', as you will pay taxes on the declared value.

BTW, diygearsupply does ship to Canada via USPS.

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Creek View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the above part of the description. Are you basically taking pre-orders? Meaning when you get enough orders from the DIY'ers you then order the roll yourself? Just wondering out loud here, otherwise why wait to ship to me. Am I paying in advance and then waiting, but what if no one else quickly buys the color I ordered? Thanks for clarifying this for me.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I 'don't get it'.....

I don't have a problem with 'We only ship on Fridays' sort of setups for cottage vendors. I don't understand the 'we can't be bothered to cut and ship your fabric unless we sell the whole roll' concept. It could be months/years!

(And does fabric all come in 100yd rolls these days?)

Some marketing 'gimmicks' don't work for me, I guess.

The way I understand it, and I might be wrong here, is that they will accumulate orders until they reach the close date of the sale and then cut and ship all at the same time.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images

www.ripstopbytheroll.com

Mrprez is right. It either holds until the roll is sold out or the close date, which looks to be 3 days or so on average. I think it saves a lot of time to cut and ship all at once instead of doing it piecemeal, therefore savings come to the buyer. Cool concept and good prices if you can wait a few days.

Website bookmarked!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast