Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Greylock 4 Suspension

Has the Greylock 4 suspension been changed? I heard that it had, but when I reviewed the website it appears to be the same. Thanks in advance.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyHanger View Post
    Has the Greylock 4 suspension been changed? I heard that it had, but when I reviewed the website it appears to be the same. Thanks in advance.
    Changed since when? It was changed during the last year or so, in that a unique secondary suspension was added. Which is one cord lock at each quilt corner, that the main suspension passes through, which controls 2 things: the quilts end channels(for closing or tightning the ends when needed) and keeping the sides from drooping down ( or accordion-ing) on the occupied hammock. The main suspension passes through this cord lock and adjusts the Greylock the same as it always has. All that is different is the added secondary, which tightens the sides when the cord lock is moved up and down. Works great.

Don't know if you already saw it, but I had just stared a thread on this very subject:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...s-River-Bridge

Thanks. I have a Greylock 3 with the original suspension. The website does not appear to show the version that you do. If I understand, the shock cord that cinches the quilt end goes through a cord lock on the primary suspension? I like the simplicity. Does the loading of the main suspension pull on the cinch ends? Just wonder if you could create gaps? Thanks again.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks. I have a Greylock 3 with the original suspension. The website does not appear to show the version that you do. If I understand, the shock cord that cinches the quilt end goes through a cord lock on the primary suspension? I like the simplicity. Does the loading of the main suspension pull on the cinch ends? Just wonder if you could create gaps? Thanks again.
    Easy enough to add a secondary suspension.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Hello! We made a slight change last year that made a big difference. We attached the toggles that are used on the drawcords to the corners of the quilt via a loop of grosgrain ribbon and passed the suspension shock-cord through the toggles. The keeps the quilt from pulling in on itself in the center causing CBS. This does away with the need to add prusik knots to each corner to get the same effect.

When I get to the shop I will get a few pictures and post them here.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Thanks Mr. Emery. I've added the secondary to my Greylock 3. I'm thinking about the Greylock 4 and just wondered how the new arrangment looked (wondering if I don't like it can I convert back to the original style with a few mods).

Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Hello! We made a slight change last year that made a big difference. We attached the toggles that are used on the drawcords to the corners of the quilt via a loop of grosgrain ribbon and passed the suspension shock-cord through the toggles. The keeps the quilt from pulling in on itself in the center causing CBS. This does away with the need to add prusik knots to each corner to get the same effect.

Thank you!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post

Seems to work like a charm to me. Like Shug says, easy enough to add the Prussiks, I have done so in the past. But, if anything, I think this is easier to deal with, especially once in the hammock. It is a one handed adjustment of both quilt position( closer or further from the head) and tension on the top edge, to prevent accordion/sag/droop once the hammock is occupied. Just press the cord lock button, and easily slide towards foot or head to change the quilt position on the head end, then if needed do the same on the foot end to straighten the top edge. It has proven to be a nice touch.

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Here is a close up of how the cord locks are attached. The small grosgrain ribbon at the top of the photo loops through an attachment slit in the cord lock, the round shock-cord in the center is the side channel suspension, and the cord on the bottom is the drawstring used to snug up the end of the underquilt.

CU37HqmjRyG6C4X07FXQHQ.jpg

A few years back we were experimenting with length wise baffles and on the prototype Jack sewed he had this mod. I did not care for the baffle design but I loved this mod. My personal Greylock had the prusik loops on it for years but with this change it becomes a product that does not have to be modded for use.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Images
    This is a really clever way to do the secondary suspension. It adds almost nothing that wasn't already on the manufacturer's materials list, and for the user it means a little less weight and fewer lines to potentially detangle when taking out the quilt to set it up.

I have a UL 50* underquilt that has no secondary suspension, and I think I'll look into modifying it to add that feature using this approach.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast