11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

American Perimeter Trail Project - Rue McKenrick - NCT Trail Angels needed

Rue McKenrick, a fellow hammock camper, has been hiking for a year to create a protected corridor of land and natural resources available for recreational use roughly tracing the continental United States.

He is currently following the North Country Trail (NCT) and is in Ohio and will be in Michigan next week. Here is his route for the next couple of months: https://northcountrytrail.org/the-tr...and-downloads/

If you (or someone you know) lives around the NCT and can be a Trail Angel, please reach out to him! https://americanperimetertrailprojec...-in-touch.html

Trail Angels could:
    - let him camp at your place
    - give him access to shower and/or laundry
    - cook him lunch / dinner
    - deliver food / groceries to him on the trail
    - purchase from his Amazon wish list: Rue's Wish List
    - donate money: https://americanperimetertrailprojec...the-trail.html

All info about this project can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/americanperimetertrailproject/

A great lady, Leilah, is coordinating all Trail Angel efforts. When you write to the project, she'll respond and answer any specific questions you have about when Rue might be near you.

If you want to follow his journey........

Here is the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/americanperimetertrailproject/

Here is his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ruemckenrick/
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    What a spectacular bit of information. Thanks for sharing this.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    What a spectacular bit of information. Thanks for sharing this.
    Any chance it looks like he will be near you?
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    1.6 hyperD 2.2 hex 1.7 mountain
    Tarp
    9x9 1.1 oz silnylo
    Insulation
    sleeping pad
    Suspension
    whoopy slings
    Images
    He has already passed through West Virginia. I'm in western Virginia. that's only close. Interesting project.

Hammock
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Any chance it looks like he will be near you?
    It looks like, from what I can tell from the maps page, that he has the Dakotas and eastern Montana to cross and then he might be near here. The mapping still isn't worked out this far west. He might pass farther north in northern Montana too.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    It looks like, from what I can tell from the maps page, that he has the Dakotas and eastern Montana to cross and then he might be near here. The mapping still isn't worked out this far west. He might pass farther north in northern Montana too.
    His route has had to change due to COVID, but his Trail Angel coordinator says the NCT should be solid. Feel free to write to them and ask about exact details.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    7/16/2020 from Rue:

I didn't want to share this with you but I have been encouraged to do so. I want to celebrate my year anniversary. I want to share joy. Two days ago a tree fell on me while I was sleeping. It knocked me clean out. I awoke the next day completely disoriented with a tree laying across part of my body. I am so grateful for I only seem to have some separation in my shoulder and ribs. I am bruised but not broken. I am discouraged but not disheartened. I am in serious pain but I am seriously positive. Tomorrow I will strap on my pack and walk through this just as I have the last 366 days. I have said it before and I will say it again, It doesn't matter how a person falls but how they get back up. Watch me. I am going forth in love and with an open heart.

Hammock
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    WoW! You are one lucky blessed lady, not to have been killed or debilitated. I think it is a good thing that you did share your experience. We all need to be careful and attentive to the hazards around us while recreating and working. Your post serves as a serious reminder. Not long ago there was a thread about a young lady who was killed while hanging. I saw the title, but couldn't bring myself to read the thread because unquestionably it was such a unfortunate accident. I hope you mend quickly and we all are a tad bit wiser.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    WoW! You are one lucky blessed lady, not to have been killed or debilitated. I think it is a good thing that you did share your experience. We all need to be careful and attentive to the hazards around us while recreating and working. Your post serves as a serious reminder. Not long ago there was a thread about a young lady who was killed while hanging. I saw the title, but couldn't bring myself to read the thread because unquestionably it was such a unfortunate accident. I hope you mend quickly and we all are a tad bit wiser.
    Just to clarify.... this happened to Rue McKenrick, who is hiking the perimeter of the lower 48 states. This didn't happen to me (I don't want my parents to freak out)

Hammock
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Oh, now that I recheck the post I can see it starts with "from Rue". Nonetheless, although the target has changed, the sentiments are the same.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast