Hammock
    Dutch 11ft, wide
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    LLCayenne/Jalapeno
    Suspension
    webbing j-bend

Loco Libre Cayenne/Jalapeno peppers review!

Hey everyone!

I ordered my Cayenne Pepper and Jalapeno Pepper quilts toward the end of August, received right within the expected 3 week time frame. Here are the details:

Cayenne Pepper Underquilt
    Size: 70"- WIDE width Apex 6.0
    Extra Length: 4" extra length
    Outer Shell Color: Black Argon 90
    Inner Shell Color: Woodland Camo Argon 90
    Down Draft Collar: Yes please!
    Woobie Snaps: No thanks
    Cotton Storage Bag: No thanks!
    $151.00

Jalapeno Pepper Topquilt
    Size: 75" WIDE width 6.0 Apex CS
    Outer Shell Color: Black Argon 90
    Inner Shell Color: Woodland Camo Argon 90
    Taper: 5" Straight Taper
    Footbox Style: Flat Snap with Insulating Baffle
    Extra Insulation: No Thanks
    Cotton Storage Bag: No thanks!
    $175.00

This is my first set of quilts for my hammock, and I could not be happier. They came nicely rolled in their stuff sacks, and I knew I was going to be extremely happy as soon as I took them out; the craftsmanship is awesome. Very clean, neat, and precise - you can tell that George and team really know how to do it. The underquilt was ready to hang, all I needed to do was clip it on, and tighten her up. The draft collars snug right up against the hammock and centering it was a breeze. I am about 5'9" and the 74" length goes from right above my head to just below the ankles when hung, absolutely perfect. The snaps and footbox on the topquilt hold really well and the draft collars/baffles work wonderfully. This is the first sleeping gear I have ordered in my adult life (I just realized while typing this! - had hand me downs and old sleeping bags etc.) and I was super surprised how light the synthetic is, and how small it packs down to, considering all the hullabaloo about down gear. My entire sleep system fits in my smaller pack with room for a day or two change of clothes, some cook gear, etc. Super happy!

I took them out to Sunapee state park this weekend for a quick hang. Temps got down to around 35* and I stayed toasty warm. I barely adjusted anything and was able to sleep comfortably. As I did order these as a more warm weather option (cause I want to order MORE GEAR!!) I discovered that the length for my new topquilt was slightly shorter than I'd like in a winter topquilt, which of course is totally fine considering that isn't what I ordered! I would also like it to be slightly wider, but again, that is good to know for when I order my down winter gear, which will undoubtedly be from George at LL. The underquilt I may go slightly longer on when I order my winter gear, but I will debate that for some time I am sure. I am able to pull the tq over my head and face, which I really only like to do in cold weather, and having the extra length and width for that would be great. I was tarpless as the night was clear, so I am sure I could make do if I got a sock or hung my tarp real low, but I wanted to see how the gear really preformed and I am definitely pleased that it did so well at the bottom range of when I intend to use this set.

Thanks to George and LL for keeping in touch with me throughout the process, and ensuring that I was getting what I ordered! I cannot recommend this vendor enough, you get SO much more than you pay for, especially comparing prices, and I even like the wait a little bit - really feels as though you are getting a true bespoke gear set. LOVE IT! Can't wait to order more MUAHAHAHA.

Don't tell my wife...
    hang well

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Somehow I missed this yesterday! I'm always proud to tell everyone how much their hard work is appreciated by our customers. Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I have the same synthetic Jalapeno/Cayenne set (80" extra wide/80" wide in Multicam/Coyote), and they are my favorite quilts! The construction of Cayenne Pepper underquilt is pure genius, and it is more comfortable than I ever would have imagined. George is amazing, and I admire his business ethos as well as his craftsmanship and dedication to detail.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner / Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    12oz curls
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles
    I got my Jalapeno Pepper a few weeks ago & had it out in the piney woods a few nights this week & it definitely lived up to expectations. It only got down to the upper 60's the first night & mid/upper 50's the second so I had more TQ than I needed, but it did what it was supposed to do. I have basically the same set up as you except mine is standard width & different colors. The quality of the workmanship is top notch, I looked mine over & couldn't find I single messed up stitch or seam. For the price these are hard to beat

• + New Posts