Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanbluekj View Post
    Thanks all.
    I am going to go with DH.
    Now comes the decision of 65" or 72" wide.
    Great decision, You just can't go wrong with a Dream Hammock, Top of the line craftmanship and an Awesome company/Family to do buisness with.

Ive come to the conclusion interior space is a nessecity in the summer. Im a dedicated winter hanger but going out this summer made me realize how much i hate the bugney and clostrophic feeling.. and heeeaaat. Hate it.

So ive decided Clarke is my last option before i give summer hanging up and go back to ground.

Id go Clarke. If interior space isnt as much a concern for you, those dream hammocks look shwanky panky.

Also Clark does have a few options for colors. Im loving that gun blue color they have.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Winter
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider 1.5
    I just ordered my 3rd Dream Hammock if that tells you anything. First was a Dangerbird, 2nd a Thunderbird, This one is a Sparrow. I would never buy another hammock brand.

My Dangerbird is 72 inches wide. I'm 5'10" and I've found that anything over 60" is wasted fabric and weight for me. The maximum lay angle is determined by the hammock length (an 11 foot hammock will allow a more extreme lay angle at the sacrifice or requiring a longer tarp to cover the ridgeline, extra weight, and slightly more distance between trees to hang) so regardless of how much width you have, you can't really take advantage of it without increasing the length as well and it just flops over your feet. For that, I would advise against the 72" on a 10 foot hammock and against 11 feet for the other reasons I've stated. 10 feet long, 60" wide is perfect imo.

My Dangerbird and Thunderbird are both double layer. Once again, wasted fabric and weight. Double layer will literally double the weight of your hammock. From the 1 pound range to about the 2 pound range. It is unneeded unless you are a very large person. Do yourself a favor and go single layer.

My Thunderbird has storage pockets. I found I rarely use these and still use ridgeline storage more. Extra weight and less versatility than ridgeline storage. Not to mention, you can use the peak bags for the bugnet and overcover as extra storage if you need it.

As far as model, Go with one that has removable bugnet and overcover for versatility so you can leave the extra weight home if you don't need it. The Dangerbird is even heavier for this reason since they're permanently attached. The only exception would be if you don't plan on using an overcover ever and plan to always use a bugnet without exception, then go Darien. Otherwise Thunderbird and Sparrow are good picks. Personally I like going topless sometimes so that was a deal breaker on the Darien for me.

I can't advise on color customization, that's up to you. But as for the other customization options, not only do they add onto the price but think of each one as adding on extra weight as well. I hope this helps.

Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    I have a Clark TX-270 and just ordered a DH- Sparrow this morning so i'll be able to chime in soon. I think the Clark is a great hammock and can't understand why they aren't more popular on the forum. It's a very convenient and roomy setup with a nice flat lay. The only thing i can think is that it's bulky? As previously mentioned though, it's not 'sexy'. In fact, it's kinda ugly.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    A bit bulky and the gram weenie have a connection at anything built to a roughly militarily grade. Not cheap but I love mine. Wish the head and foot covers on my nx unzipped like the TX
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    Clark nx270
    Tarp
    Winter palace
    Insulation
    HG 0 degree
    Suspension
    Whoopie all in one
    I love my clark. I traded out the suspension for the all in one whoopie sling. HG adjusts their UQ to fit this hammock better.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    Shopping for one
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0
    Suspension
    NHO Hangtight XL
    I am a newbie to hammock camping, as new as they get, but I just looked at a reveiw/listing of Clark NX270. I do alot of research before buying anything. I saw many posts on the 'net for Clark, Warbonnet, Hennessy and Clark definitely had high raves. I will have to say I "settled" on my hammock choice as I shopped it for price and my function. I will probably have to pull the trigger on the NX270 as the features and functionality of the hammock seem ideal for 100% comfort. The shape and design are awesome. Best price I saw was from the Clark website.
    Last edited by boid12003; 12-24-2016 at 12:09. Reason: misspelled Hennessy

Hammock
    Dutch Netted Wide
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Bot Pad, Top Quilt
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE
    I have been looking to get a new hammock and I always come back to dream hammock. Heard a lot of good things about their hammocks and the customization is great to make it your own.

Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    I have a DL Sparrow and a Clark TX-270. They are both great Hammocks with a different feel. The Clark is more utilitarian and I really like the way the integrate the bug net and over cover. It feels more roomy on the inside though the measurements don't support that. I think it's a better 'set up and stay put' hammock and has a very flat lay. The Sparrow is way more sexy. It's easier to set up and also very comfortable and less bulky when in the stuff sack. In terms of which is better than the other it's not really that simple as fabric choices and individual needs come into play.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123