Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven 11
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I laughed when you went in Karl mode and then snapped out and said lord Shug. My buddy at work and I always say weird stuff that makes no sense. And I said if we start acting normal you know somethings wrong. Thanks for another great trip report.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Don't leave out that HUGE Wolf spider on my stool.
    I emitted a silent scream~~~~~~
    i thought it was pretty cute looking. Looked like it was all spread out and just chillin, I was waiting for a voice over with something like, "Just chill I am just resting I'll be on my way soon as I catch my breath, just a quick nap first"
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Very cool. Funny Last few trips I’ve taken my grandpas old external pack and been carrying my older gear. It’s fun. My grandpa is victor french’s brother. He’s in the country western hall of fame. and his brother (grandpa Don) was more of a cowboy than uncle Eddie was.
    You know the guy that worked with Michael Landon? He was on little house on the prairie with him and highway to heaven too.
    It’s funny I grew up really loving mr Edwards from little house and now my kids have some of his blood in him. Good old Mr. Edwards.

Just made me think of that when you considered using an old (external) pack. I know what you mean. The pack was actually really fun and comfortable. Kind of nice to go back a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Thanks for sharing the landscape. I loved all the flowers. The lupine, iris, and columbine are my faves.
    Happy to see you enjoying your retirement and always appreciate your trip reports.

Charlotte

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hangerdave View Post
    I have not seen anything like that before, i would have shat myself if that was near me
    It just sat there enjoying watching me wake up. Glad I had the bugnet zipped up.

Quote Originally Posted by 22hornet View Post
    I laughed when you went in Karl mode and then snapped out and said lord Shug. My buddy at work and I always say weird stuff that makes no sense. And I said if we start acting normal you know somethings wrong. Thanks for another great trip report.
    I always edit out most of my morning soliloquy as it goes into all kinda areas.

Quote Originally Posted by kattdogg View Post
    i thought it was pretty cute looking. Looked like it was all spread out and just chillin, I was waiting for a voice over with something like, "Just chill I am just resting I'll be on my way soon as I catch my breath, just a quick nap first"
    It was just hanging out. Never jumped. Barely moved. We eyeballed each other. Had a staring contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson Burner View Post
    Very cool. Funny Last few trips I’ve taken my grandpas old external pack and been carrying my older gear. It’s fun. My grandpa is victor french’s brother. He’s in the country western hall of fame. and his brother (grandpa Don) was more of a cowboy than uncle Eddie was.
    You know the guy that worked with Michael Landon? He was on little house on the prairie with him and highway to heaven too.
    It’s funny I grew up really loving mr Edwards from little house and now my kids have some of his blood in him. Good old Mr. Edwards.

Just made me think of that when you considered using an old (external) pack. I know what you mean. The pack was actually really fun and comfortable. Kind of nice to go back a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a cool bit of history.....I know exactly who he is.
    I gave away my external pack to a boy scout. But I got a frying pan!

Quote Originally Posted by xMagnolia View Post
    Thanks for sharing the landscape. I loved all the flowers. The lupine, iris, and columbine are my faves.
    Happy to see you enjoying your retirement and always appreciate your trip reports.

Charlotte
    Makes my trip to see the pretties out there. Columbine is my favorite. Actually grows in my yard.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Nice ! When the rain comes, its nice. When its here already, and you are comfortable and warm watching the wind and rain, one can be happy It is the reward for all the hardware hype around. Mission completed

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    That was the most relaxed video I've seen you make in ages, Shug! Looks like retirement is suiting you well.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    winterdream 11ft
    Insulation
    HG stuff
    Suspension
    becket straps
    Retired you enjoy it

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by infrastellar View Post
    Nice ! When the rain comes, its nice. When its here already, and you are comfortable and warm watching the wind and rain, one can be happy It is the reward for all the hardware hype around. Mission completed
    You are correct. Nothing like it. With a hot espresso and pancakes it is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    That was the most relaxed video I've seen you make in ages, Shug! Looks like retirement is suiting you well.
    Well, old and tired does relax a feller. I'm an old Boomer. The World ain't mine anymore so I crawled in the back of the station wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by hangerdave View Post
    Retired you enjoy it
    I have been. It has been fun to sink myself into projects here at the house and chore away. Been a bit slack on my creative endeavors but that will return.
    Summer fun. To me chores are a strange fun.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Arrowhead
    Great trip/great report as usual! As far as the Therma Cell goes we use them everyday here in Florida camping, hunting, and working outdoors! They really work!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast