Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    UGQ & DIY
    Suspension
    Webbing
    So excited for this hang! I'll have a lovely 0* under quilt by then that I'll be dying to test out.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzbee View Post
    So excited for this hang! I'll have a lovely 0* under quilt by then that I'll be dying to test out.
    Hey, looking forward to hanging with you again. Need to borrow anything this time?
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    UGQ & DIY
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Eagle View Post
    Hey, looking forward to hanging with you again. Need to borrow anything this time?
    I think I might. Thank you so much for the offer! I'm not quite sure what gear I need. Is a top cover on the hammock or a sock over it a must have for the winter? And I know there's winter tarps so do I need that as well? I think I'll be done making a hex tarp from some of the fabric I got from the L&L hang (Thanks Justin!) but I'm not sure if that'll be good enough. I'm a big rookie when it comes to winter camping, especially in a hammock, so I may need some guidance on gear.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    A top cover is not a must. It can help but I personally don’t like a top cover. FOR ME it has too much build up of frost and condensation from breathing every time I move around or accidentally touch the top I get snowed on. This is MY personally opinion. Others have used them with good success. It does keep it a little warmer. I have done -20* is just a plain jane netless gathered end with a superfly tarp. As long as your insulation is good the rest of it is frosting on the cake. If you need some extra stuff just ask. There have quite a few of us that have lent extra gear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    A top cover is not a must. It can help but I personally don’t like a top cover. FOR ME it has too much build up of frost and condensation from breathing every time I move around or accidentally touch the top I get snowed on. This is MY personally opinion. Others have used them with good success. It does keep it a little warmer. I have done -20* is just a plain jane netless gathered end with a superfly tarp. As long as your insulation is good the rest of it is frosting on the cake. If you need some extra stuff just ask. There have quite a few of us that have lent extra gear out.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you did the -20 deg what quilt rating did you use and was it one quilt or did you stack. I am going to get a winter quilt and want to know what would be best rating wise. Last year I stacked 2 20 deg quilts but I don't know that I want to have to do that if I am backpacking, seems kind of bulky for that.
    Last edited by tollermama; 12-02-2017 at 08:21. Reason: question was stuck in quote line

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG Standard CF
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix & Burro
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My 0* HG Econ Incubator and Burro have arrived. I also got a top cover and quilt protector for my Blackbird XLC. I am so stoked for some winter camping.
    1960HikerDude.com

“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” ― Jack Kerouac

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incubtr
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Looks like my work travel may be getting cancelled. Would love to come if it does, any chance I could borrow an additional UQ?
    I only own a 20* at the moment, but there is always Christmas

-Dave

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave23 View Post
    Looks like my work travel may be getting cancelled. Would love to come if it does, any chance I could borrow an additional UQ?
    I only own a 20* at the moment, but there is always Christmas

-Dave
    I am sure we can figure something out between all of us. I will likely stack my 2 long underquilts and then I have a 3/4 uq that you could borrow to stack with your 20 degree. Hope you can make it!

Stacy

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> Life is TOTALLY beginning to piss me off! I LOVE the Winter hangs, but things have conspired to prevent me from the last couple, and again this year! I am scheduled to have a serious eye surgery the Tuesday prior, with a lengthy recovery period - from a couple of weeks to potentially several months, depending on how it goes. I am having a total Vitrectomy, with an episclerotic membrane peeled off my retina inside my eye. No fun, and hopefully, no damage in the process.
    Hence, I am definitely OUT for this hang. I hope to be recovered enough for the Spring hang, with sight in both eyes! Enjoy it, folks! You never appreciate what you have until you lose it!

Skypainter, who now has to learn to shoot with his non-dominant eye!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ===> Life is TOTALLY beginning to piss me off! I LOVE the Winter hangs, but things have conspired to prevent me from the last couple, and again this year! I am scheduled to have a serious eye surgery the Tuesday prior, with a lengthy recovery period - from a couple of weeks to potentially several months, depending on how it goes. I am having a total Vitrectomy, with an episclerotic membrane peeled off my retina inside my eye. No fun, and hopefully, no damage in the process.
    Hence, I am definitely OUT for this hang. I hope to be recovered enough for the Spring hang, with sight in both eyes! Enjoy it, folks! You never appreciate what you have until you lose it!

Hang in there Sky! I hope all goes well and we will miss you and will be thinking of you. Hope to see the rest of the Sky clan out this way in January. Maybe we can convince Ali to come to the hang?

Skypainter, who now has to learn to shoot with his non-dominant eye!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast