Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Get up n go for me. Well coffee, breakfast , pack and get rolling .
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    diy MTN series
    Tarp
    diy winterhex/asym
    Insulation
    EE and HG
    Suspension
    Beckett or buckles
    I like to get up early, before the sun rises, make coffee and breakfast, go for a walk and then get back in the hammock and sleep a while again. Not too long but if I am up at five and do my morning thing, I will sleep for another 30-40 minutes.
    People tend to compartmentalize themselves into IT people, and movie star people, and scientists, but when we share our perspectives about nature, we find a common denominator.
    -Nalini Nadkarni

Hammock
    HH Expl Dlx, Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Tadpole
    Insulation
    HH SS, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    various
    I start slow, then get up and go. If I wake up before first light, I'll try to the point of futility to go back to sleep. Once it's light, there's usually a short battle with the bladder about getting up now or "in a minute but with urgency". With that resolved, I'm starting water for coffee/breakfast. I used to head out on coffee only and have breakfast an hour or so later, but now I need a little food with my caffeine. I'm usually packing while breakfast is cooking, so once that's done and cleaned up I'm off. If it's going to be a super big mile day, I'll spend an extra few minutes with the map/guide making sure I know my landmarks or waypoints.

If I'm with a group, I lollygag a bit more and pace my morning so I'm not waiting around for everyone to get started, which I find frustrating. I'm best solo or with 1-3 others.
    Thanks,
    Ranc0r

Like to get up and go myself. Will drink a cup of coffee while tearing down. Get to the next hill and then eat.

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I'm a naturally early riser, and especially so when in the woods. At the same time, being in the woods is a vacation for me, and on cold mornings the idea of getting out of my warm cocoon makes me want to roll over and go back to sleep. Thus, I actually get up around 7 in winter and 6 or 6:30 in summer. I don't drink coffee in the woods, and I don't cook breakfast either, so I don't have to get the stove out, going, cooled, and packed. I try to keep stuff generally organized while in camp, although not having a tent to keep everything inside is a bit of a hindrance. I find that most often from the time I haul myself out of the hammock to the time shoes hit trail is about half an hour. More if I'm lazy or if I have to deal with a wet tarp. Less if I've done a good job of pre-packing the night before, and especially in summer since I don't have to worry with the darn sleeping bag and underquilt.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Life is too busy outside of the woods to not enjoy some down time in the woods. I'm always good for a chill moment from about 7:30-8:30am. That means I'm packed and ready to go by 9am, more than enough time even if I'm putting on miles.

Hammock
    WBBB/HH UL Backpacker
    Suspension
    Ti cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcolon13 View Post
    ...emergency lounging.
    That may find it's way into my vocabulary.

Hammock
    Warbonnet xlc
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Everyone seems to get up and go. I like to get up and have breakfast with a coffee. Then have another coffee. Then take a nap. Then lounge. Then pack up and go around 1.
    That was funny; I was thinking this sounds like me, then noticed you are in Illinois also! Maybe it's something in the water!

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Slow start for me I like my coffee. I do admit it can be a time waster.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    Hash browns and bacon strips , I like the way you lick your lips

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    As everyone else has pretty much summed up, it just depends. Solo: I'm up and going because I generally have a goal in mind. The only group I've hiked with (as an older civilian) has been with my daughters. So for them, I cook breakfast, refill water, get last minute checks, then casually start up again.

If 100% solo, I don't think I would be in Early Riser's league....but I might be a mile right behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast