WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Eagle View Post
    Don't know cause when I go to Logan, I take the bus from Portland but don't think so. Also not sure of the exact amount of the NH toll. Could be more than $2, perhaps $4. If you're flying into BOS, pm me.
    Thanks again. Yes I am looking at flying into Logan. I have a hang down here in North Carolina to cohost in July then I can focus on heading up to Maine in September.
    Last edited by Tacoma96; 06-27-2016 at 21:36.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Thanks again. Yes I am looking at flying into Logan. I have a hang down here in North Carolina to cohost in July then I can focus on heading up the Maine in September.
    We also have a few people heading up from North and South Carolina for the Maine hang. Not sure where they are for butt room, but that's an option as well.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Thanks again. Yes I am looking at flying into Logan. I have a hang down here in North Carolina to cohost in July then I can focus on heading up the Maine in September.
    If you take the Concord Trailways bus from BOS to PWM, I can pick you up for the Lobster hang. Let me know. BTW, I'm hiking the AT from Hot Springs northbound in July and would like some trail advise.
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    We also have a few people heading up from North and South Carolina for the Maine hang. Not sure where they are for butt room, but that's an option as well.
    Yeah I heard that some guys named Gresh and TATO are signed up to attend. I might know them. Great guys. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Tacoma96; 06-26-2016 at 21:25.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Eagle View Post
    If you take the Concord Trailways bus from BOS to PWM, I can pick you up for the Lobster hang. Let me know. BTW, I'm hiking the AT from Hot Springs northbound in July and would like some trail advise.
    Thanks for being so helpful. Will keep in touch.

PM sent about Hot Springs.
    Last edited by Tacoma96; 06-26-2016 at 21:26.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    The following contains a lot of random thoughts: I don't have the brain power to organize them at the moment, so I'm just going to type.

• I've had a few people ask here and on facebook about which vendors/companies I've got lined up for the raffle this year, and who I've asked. It's come up enough recently, that I'm going to address it here.

The short answers are: I'm not going to make the list of who I've asked for donations available. I don't want vendors feeling pressured into donating, and I don't want the people who participate to harbor any ill feelings to the vendors that say no. Not everyone is able to donate, not everyone wants to benefit the Lighthouse Preservation Society, and I've reached out to a few vendors outside of the the hammocking world, so they have no idea who we are. I could just be a guy asking for gear.

Concerning who is lined up to donate: I'll release the list as soon as i hear back either way from the vendors I've asked. We still have a few vendors actively looking at us deciding if they like us. (Hi Vendors!)

• When I reached out to vendors, I said our estimated attendance this year would be 60. Our current sign up sheet is at 47 people, with 7 possible additions. I count 6 people who have said yes in this thread who are not on the list, and I know at least 3 hammockforums vendors are hoping to come, who again are not on the list. This isn't counting other campers at Meadowbrook who will come over and participate, or the campground staff. Every vendor request I've sent out has included an invitation to come hang out with us, and I made the same offer to the Lighthouse preservation society, who I've been in contact with. I just gave Chaaaz the contact information, as he's offered to hand over the check again this year.

• I'm actively seeking a donation of a Good knife or Axe. The Gränsfors Bruk axes raised a lot of money last year, and they were a private donation. So it's not something I can get my hands on again. I have reached out to a few knife makers and distributors, but have not heard back from any. If anyone has a suggestion, drop me a PM.

• I will be skipping the lighthouse tour this year to setup. If you're going on the tour, I need your donations before you leave. I am also looking for someone who is not going on the tour to help setup.

• Ava has offered to do the raffle again as long as she can do it with _Ewok again I want to be out in the crowd taking pics (and checking my own tickets) this year.

IMGP7199.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442535642648.jpg

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    What kind of knife are you looking for? Sure I can help.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'd just like to take a minute to thank Justin for the incredible amount of work he has done not only for this years raffle, but last year as well. He has taken this completely on his own and has done an outstanding job. I am amazed at not only the amount of prizes, but the quality as well. It really shows how far we've all come as a community to not only support the vendors, but to have the vendors support what we all love to do. By giving back it really goes full circle, and the best part is, in the end it goes to a good cause. I am very proud to be a part of that community. And I'd also like to thank you the community. For making these events so special, each and every one kind of feels like going home. Everyone is so warm and welcoming at these hangs that each one feels like a family reunion, with new and old faces every time! And I've been to almost all the hangs from PA to ME So THANK YOU EVERYONE, you should all be proud of yourselves for being part of such a wonderful community. And when you see Justin in Maine give him an extra big hug, cause he deserves it! Thank you Justin.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> Seconded!

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gogrillz View Post
    I'd just like to take a minute to thank Justin for the incredible amount of work he has done not only for this years raffle, but last year as well.And when you see Justin in Maine give him an extra big hug, cause he deserves it! Thank you Justin.
    I also accept beer and lobster

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ===> Seconded!
    All of the thanks should go to the vendors. They're the ones that make this raffle possible. I just go around begging for stuff

I did buy us a flag though, to use as a backdrop for the winners pics.

61722ac3-95b0-41cb-b0a3-0020cb23b7f3.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast