Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    I think I'm going to make some venison meatballs and sauce for Saturday potluck. ROADKILL FROM MAINE!!!! I'll add it to the list

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    A note about permits for those that reserved a site:

According to the rules, if you have booked a site, you're supposed to check in at the office and collect your permit in person.

The Atsion office (which is closest to Batona Camp) is closed down for the season, so that means that permits would need to be picked up at the Batsto Visitors Center, which can be found here:

https://goo.gl/maps/nZvi6dPokUWT2EDj9

Batsto is about 24 miles (about a 30 minute drive) from camp, and it's open from 9am to 4pm.

I realize that this isn't ideal, especially for anyone arriving later in the day on Friday. I'll present this 2 ways:

1.) The "Official" Statement

Technically, if you reserved a site, it's on you as the primary occupant on record to have your permit displayed during your stay. I'd say this holds true even if you're not physically hanging in your site. Chances are no one will check that closely however if the rangers do roll through camp, they would probably prefer to see a tag hanging on the post in front of each occupied site. If you can't make it to the office in time (by 4pm Friday), a good alternative would be to print out your reservation confirmation email and have it on hand (as proof if ever needed), and then you could always go collect your actual permit the next morning once the office opens.

2.) The "Alternative" Statement

In all the years we've been hanging at Batona, many people haven't bothered to collect their permits after arriving late, or just because it's a hassle, and it's never yet been a problem to my knowledge. I don't recall ever hearing of rangers checking and comparing hung permits to who's booked, or giving anyone a hard time if there wasn't one up. However if there does happen to be an issue, it falls on the person who is on record as the primary occupant as per the reservation. Consider that as you will.

To sum up:

As organizer, I'll officially go on record to urge anyone who reserved a site to follow the rules, and take care of the proper permitting as agreed upon when you booked a site. I'll be making the drive down prior to the event on Friday to get one for the group site, at the very least. However we're all adults, and I'll leave it up to everyone attending to do what they think is best, as we won't be policing you in any way to check.

Hammock
    Hammock Envy S
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG INCU. 0*
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    A note about permits for those that reserved a site:

According to the rules, if you have booked a site, you're supposed to check in at the office and collect your permit in person.

The Atsion office (which is closest to Batona Camp) is closed down for the season, so that means that permits would need to be picked up at the Batsto Visitors Center, which can be found here:

https://goo.gl/maps/nZvi6dPokUWT2EDj9

Batsto is about 24 miles (about a 30 minute drive) from camp, and it's open from 9am to 4pm.

I realize that this isn't ideal, especially for anyone arriving later in the day on Friday. I'll present this 2 ways:

1.) The "Official" Statement

Technically, if you reserved a site, it's on you as the primary occupant on record to have your permit displayed during your stay. I'd say this holds true even if you're not physically hanging in your site. Chances are no one will check that closely however if the rangers do roll through camp, they would probably prefer to see a tag hanging on the post in front of each occupied site. If you can't make it to the office in time (by 4pm Friday), a good alternative would be to print out your reservation confirmation email and have it on hand (as proof if ever needed), and then you could always go collect your actual permit the next morning once the office opens.

2.) The "Alternative" Statement

In all the years we've been hanging at Batona, many people haven't bothered to collect their permits after arriving late, or just because it's a hassle, and it's never yet been a problem to my knowledge. I don't recall ever hearing of rangers checking and comparing hung permits to who's booked, or giving anyone a hard time if there wasn't one up. However if there does happen to be an issue, it falls on the person who is on record as the primary occupant as per the reservation. Consider that as you will.

To sum up:

As organizer, I'll officially go on record to urge anyone who reserved a site to follow the rules, and take care of the proper permitting as agreed upon when you booked a site. I'll be making the drive down prior to the event on Friday to get one for the group site, at the very least. However we're all adults, and I'll leave it up to everyone attending to do what they think is best, as we won't be policing you in any way to check.
    Your not the boss of me, I do what I want!!!!!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeynono View Post
    Your not the boss of me, I do what I want!!!!!
    I can't argue with that. You are free to do as you like - you've got a Tracker, so you must know what you're doing.

TRACKER!!!

Hammock
    Hammock Envy S
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG INCU. 0*
    Suspension
    whoopie
    TRACKER!!!!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    All this talk of Tracker is really helping me nod off and take an afternoon nap.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hammock Envy S
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG INCU. 0*
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    All this talk of Tracker is really helping me nod off and take an afternoon nap.
    TRACKER!!!!!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeynono View Post
    TRACKER!!!!!
    What is "Tracker" or do I have to ask once I get there? (and risk sending SilvrSurfr into a stupor?). On a more practical note. For those of us who have not made a reservation: Do we just roll into camp around 12:00 ish and set up anywhere? We don't have to check in anywhere and get a tag for our car? someone slap me with a fine if I get there earlier? I will be driving from some distance and may get there earlier. I will bring something yummy for Friday night and Saturday as well. Thanks, I am so looking forward to meeting you all.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    What she said...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast