It's getting to be that time of year folks! While some get started earlier in the fall this one is about as early as I can swing it. I'm not going to do too much planning and most of the regulars can answer most questions. I've made the reservations for Friday Nov 7 at Isabell campsite and then Saturday the 8th at Lakeside. We are up to our eyebrows in water and it is still raining so we might need to hunt far and wide to get out of standing water but I think we can do it. This map is from last year and doesn't have our sites marked (ignore the one that says "Camp site" because that was where we were last year and it is likely to still be mostly under water).

If you look at the lower/long/squiggly blue line our camp site is at the western (left) most end of that blue line. The second night will be along the lake where the northernmost portion of the orange trail is still along the lake shore. I'll leave it up to folks to decide how they want to get from A to B to C to A again. You can use this map and pick the brain of "the gang" because they have hiked pretty much all of the trails out there. I will say that a pretty good portion of the hike along the lake is probably going to still be under water but you can go on the red marked area (it isn't marked in the field with any signs) if getting your feet wet bothers you. I will probably be taking the red trail because of a knee injury that I'm still recovering from... so you can go with me. For those that haven't ever been here there is water at both camp sites and there'll probably be plenty of people with filters if you don't have your own. If you have questions just ask... and bring your singing voice to sing happy birthday to grinder!!