I've mentioned before that my gear is bulky, so what I have is not suited for long hikes when I am hammock camping. With that said, I have not had a problem with staying warm. Camped in the hammock this last weekend. Only had to deal with temperatures down into the 50s. I have a blue foam pad that I taped a sheet of reflectix to each side. I then put the entire thing into an inexpensive fleece sleeping bag, and slept on top of it. I had no problems with condensation, which I was worried about. I was so warm, I barely got into my top quilt. Carrying it all was a pain, but I slept warm, and slept well. My main issue is the size of my hammock. I'm 6'5 and weigh 250 pounds, and each time I sleep in my Skeeter Beeter Pro, it feels smaller and smaller. I still sleep better in it than on the ground in a tent, but I am sure there are better nights ahead of me with a larger hammock. I feel like my next investment will be on a larger hammock rather than a down underquilt. The blackbird XL has caught my eye....