Quote Originally Posted by dunestunes View Post
Thanks, definitely helps! How low are you able to take your quilt, temperature-wise? I've read the extra ounces of overstuff add something like 5 degrees each, curious if that's true. I definitely sleep cold and I'd like to be able to comfortably sleep down to around 20 degrees or so, as it pretty rarely drops below that here. That said, I don't know if I'd actually take advantage of that lower boundary very often. So I'm hoping a 20 degree quilt with a couple of ounces of overstuff will do the trick.

I admit to being a bit of a gram weenie sometimes (at least, when I can afford it), otherwise this wouldn't be much of a decision at all. But considering that I'd have to bring a foot pad with the 3/4 anyways, the weight difference is something like 2 or 3oz. A good night's sleep is probably worth at least that.
I should qualify my statement: I had HG make me a full length underquilt for my height (short-not 3/4) and had them make me a shorter topquilt just like LilPrincess (who told me about how she had hers done by HG). You should be fine with 20 degrees.