I ordered up a new 20 degree incubator and patiently waited until the day I finally got it in the mail. I set up the hammock and attached the underquilt. While adjusting the hammock suspension the shock cord running inside the channel lengthwise pulled out. After inspecting it I discovered there was a splice between two pieces of shock cord that were held together with a piece of tape. So I tied them together and tried threading it back through the channel, but it wouldn't go because the knot was too large to fit. So on 7/29/13 I sent hammock gear an email about what happened. I got a reply right away saying that someone made a mistake and it shouldn't have been put together like that. The email said they would send out a new piece of shock cord and a Cuban fiber stuff sack for my troubles. However it's been over two weeks now and I still haven't received it. I emailed them again on 8/11/13 and just asked if the new piece had been sent out. I have yet to receive a reply. I'm just frustrated now after all this. I'm sitting here with a great looking underquilt and wanting to try it out in the worst way but can't. Yesterday I just went ahead and ordered some shock cord from dutch because I'm sick of waiting.