So I have waited to post this until I had some decent hang time using a Utility Constrictor Rope suspension and I have found that I really like them alot. When I first saw whoopie slings I made a set and didn't like them after few hangs.
One of my first experiences was when it got wet and was very cold that day. It was just a royal pain to work with and if there was any kind of load on the hammock or if it was pulled to taut, it was very hard to loosen the whoopie sling. I ended up going back to webbing after 4-5 hangs with whoopies. Well once I discovered UCRs I figured I would give it another shot because a few people said it was easier to work with than a whoopie slings. IMO they were right.
Granted the concept is almost exactly the same between the two in the fact that they both utilize a splice for adjustment; the difference is, on a UCR, the tail is Taut-Line Hitched onto the UCR which allows for easy release of tension, and on the whoopie sling the tail is part of the suspension and keeps the splice under tension at all times, thus requiring the user to put slack on the hammock suspension to release tension on the splice.
Although I haven't tried it yet, I imagine that you could reverse the whoopie to eliminate some of this issue perhaps. Someone chime in here...

Another thing I noticed about the UCR was the fact that they need significantly less line to be constructed. At least a 3rd less if not half(correct me here if i'm off). There is also a slight weight savings included in this but for most people it is too insignificant to count for anything.

I know the opinions on this matter vary and wanted to hear from those that have also tried them both and what they have concluded. What is your preference and the reason why?