I’m going to attempt to build my first bridge hammock and had a few questions. I’m a big guy, 75.6in tall and approximately 237lbs. Maybe add a little more to the weight if I have winter gear on. I also have wide shoulders, about 25in wide.

I was planning on following Grizz’s design, but have total length 80 inches instead of 74 inches but keep the width the same at 54 inches. I have some 1.1 ripstop I can double up for the body and some amsteal rope for the triangle. I'll have to order some tubular webbing and zipper for bug net. What would be a good zipper length?

How much does the geometry and force engineering change when you go larger? Not everything is straight increase, sometimes it’s exponential.

Would a 32in wide spreader bar at the head be comfortable or is this something I have to play around with because “comfort” is subjective? I was thinking of completing the body and then using some cheap 1/1.5in dowels from the local hardware store to test different lengths for the spreader bar at the head.

Any help/input would be appreciated!