Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
Now that I am thoroughly confused by the thread,how come I have never had a moisture issue when using my 2QZQ
UCP with my HG Phoenix 20? Note: about 18 years ago I tried playing with a Space Blanket along with my HH Super Shelter and had significant moisture so I gave up on that altogether.
18 years? Wow, you were using HHSSs even before me, which is 15 years and 1 month for me.

Five Tango, I know it has been a really long time, but can you remember if you had that space blanket right under the hammock and snug up against the hammock, with all insulation below the space blanket? Because my worst case scenario is maybe a tablespoon of water under the hammock, on top of the space blanket, at the low point under the bottom entry so it did not even touch the hammock or get anything wet. Plus of course, it was kept out of all of my insulation. OTOH, I have had some significant condensation, naturally, when I tried to use the HHSS without the space blanket. I got away with that once or twice, but finally it got me by soaking me. I never tried that again, and never had problems again. That was the 1st night for a week in the soggy Olympic Mountains, and I was bone dry the rest of the trip.

I think the HHSS finally bit the dust after all these years, and is no longer being made. I guess they finally decided the whole VB thing is just too much for most folks to figure out. Or, maybe it is lack of demand.

When using a snug fitting UQ, or a Pea Pod, I would not hesitate to put a space blanket between my hammock and the UQ(or PeaPod) if I needed a 10 or 15 more degrees. Or if I was concerned with keeping all body moisture out of my down insulation on a longer trip, maybe expecting little sunshine. And I can still do that with my bridge hammocks or any other hammock with traditional UQs. But lately I have been using a Superior Gear insulated hammock. Which has been super warm forit's rating and weight. But, I don't see a way to add a space blanket to it, unless I clipped one to the sides and lay directly on top of it. Which I don't think that would work very well. So, I suppose if I decide I want a VB with this insulated hammock, I will just have to use my VB clothing.