Bigbamaguy....I appreciate the offer but I am going to wait on the NX-250 since it has the separate fly. Kinda want to try out what I am looking to purchase.

I started this thread to look at an alternative to the BMBH system and have learned a lot from everyone here. It seems you and Southpaw are sold on the Clark and the weathershield's ability to assist with heat retention. I am thinking this is the way to go. As I said before, the AT has fog and wind that will rob heat that a TQ or UQ might not be able to replace. So, the Clark it will be.

Presently, I have a hammock system that I dirt bagged by piecing some things together.

full_1.jpg.

Unfortunately, it will not do for the winter months and in the summer rains, I do not like that the bugnet hangs to the ground and will get wet in the rain. That was the whole reason for exploring the hammock in the first place - Rain.

I figured that setting up in the rain would be much easier in a hammock than a tent. You get to your site, set up your fly first and then set up the hammock under the fly to keep things dry. And you do this without having to get down on the ground that may have standing water on it while trying to set up a tent. The only thing you have to worry about drying the next day is a damp fly. I am still trying to figure out how to keep the pack dry during this rain set up exercise (looking at a tree strap hanging system that will keep the bag off the ground during my hammock set up?).

This is also the reason for wanting to try the insulated ground pad INSIDE the hammock instead of hanging a down quilt on the outside for warmth. I am going to guess that several folks have had a wet down UQ after a major blowing rain event. If I have the pad inside and the bottom of my hammock does get wet from a blowing event...the pad will separate me from the wet hammock somewhat and then I do not have to worry about drying a UQ. I figure the hammock will dry a lot faster than wet feathers.

Thanks for all the help gang.