As my username may suggest I live in my van full time. Freedom camping all the time. I guess it is called boondocking in US?
I have some health issues after a spinal injury doing paragliding. I have recovered enough to walk with canes so life is not too bad
When I am sleeping in a normal bed, I do not turn often enough so I often wake up with sore arm if I slept on that side. When I sleep in my HennessyHammock in the bush I get a really good sleep and I have used the hammock inside my vans.
So I would like to make a customised hammock which I could hang up diagonally in my van. I have a Mercedes Sprinter 2002 medium wheelbase van and the diagonal distance to hang up my hammock is about 3500mm. So I think I can make my own hammock o fit the space.
I do not need a mosquito net as i would be inside my van. I used my HH inside the van but I want to keep it for guests when I travel with somebody.
Another advantage of using a hammock in my van is that it makes stealth camping possible in cities. Parking on uphill or tilted sideways makes it look like nobody could sleep inside on that angle and hopefully i will be left alone by the officials?
So any suggestions how to make my first DIY hammock. Should I just use a bed sheet fabric?