Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images

My New Old Singer Sewing Machine

After posting about an old Singer 201 I found in Goodwill for $20, I wish to thanks to hippofeet, MacEntyre, Ramblinrev and all the others for the help and advice.

Took the 201 to an older gentleman who's been working on Singers since '76. He has all the parts and even old singers for sale. He looked it over and replaced the missing spool pole, the rubber wheel for loading the bobbin, tested the timing and pronounced it good. In fact, he said it had very few hours on it. After putting a needle, bobbin and thread on it he proceeded to sew on a scrap piece of cloth. Couple of adjustments and it sewed the prettiest stitches. Even my Mom was impressed.

So thanks to hipofeet for the presser foot and manual. I cleaned and oiled it (has lots of places that need oiling) and she's good to go.

This guy knows the old machines - His name is Doyle Baggett of Baggetts Make-A-Way Sewing Center in Warner Robins, GA. (478-923-8205) - He has lots of parts parts and older singers for sale too.

So for $47 he tuned up my 201, put a new spool post on, gave me 2 original bobbins, put a new rubber wheel on the bobbin winder thingy, put a new belt on my Mom's 844 and tuned it up. I bought 2 extra packs of needles and he gave me a spool of thread for free. Excellent service (spent 1 1/2 hours with me and my Mom).

Played around with it last night to see what the fuss is all about. Heading to Hancock Fabrics later today!

I'm very happy with this machine - just right to learn on. If you see one in a yard sale or at goodwill -- pick it up! If I find another, It's coming home with me!

Heres some pictures of the "new" old singer 201.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts