I'm in the market for a hammock stand to be able to sleep indoors. Initially I just wanted to buy a metal stand, but after reading a couple of reviews, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Several reviewers mentioned that their metal stands broke and/or flexed a lot. The stands in question were not the cheapest (but not the most expensive ones either).

I would go for a wood stand, but those are a lot more expensive (and I don't know if they'll work with my WBBB), take up more room, cannot be broken down and are a lot more heavy than the metal stands.

Anybody using a metal stand (preferably for a longer time)? What are your experiences?

The alternative would be to DIY a stand. I'm not without skills, but in my experience things rarely go smooth with the first trial. I would also like to be able to break the stand down as small as possible to store it when it is not needed. I had a look at several DIY stands, but most look pretty massive and very permanent. But maybe somebody built something foldable or at least something that can be stored easily?