Hi Everyone!

First off, I must say, what a phenomenal community and collection of knowledge and information you have here! In my search for more hammock camping information, I felt like I struck gold when I found this site, so thank you!

I'm originally from southeastern Michigan and am now in Rochester, NY for school. I've been rock climbing indoors for over 5 years, and climbing outdoors for over 2 now. I also really love photography. You can check my stuff out here.

I got into hammocks because we had one at my house I loved, and I thought, man, that would be great for my climbing trips when we are camping. Started looking into it, and quickly stumbled across Shug's videos. The information he gave sold me, and his quirkiness and silly antics became instant funny quotes between my friends. Now, I am looking to upgrade from my Byer Moskito Traveler and Blue Poly Tarp to something nicer, and I have four other friends back at home rocking the same set up on our climbing trips.

I've never been on an actual backpacking trip, and I've only ever been hiking for the sake of hiking once, but we have to hike to our climbs all the time, so being in the outdoors is nothing new to me. I hope to get my first real overnighter in this summer in the Adirondacks of NY.

I've got a birthday coming up, and still being young, I am gonna try and persuade a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL and Edge Tarp out of my loving family. It seems like the perfect balance between lightweight and features for me, and I'm stoked to finally get back in a hammock.

Thanks again for the great community, and I look forward to learning more and hopefully getting some miles in with a few of you!

Best Regards,
Stefano