Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    One more small observation here from a Clark NX-250 owner in the Pacific Northwet. I have not tried a WB.

Most of my trips have been to high lake fly fishing destinations above 4000 feet. All of these trips have included being "in the clouds" with mist blowing sideways, and/or periods of heavy rain in temps to the low 40s. I am soooo thankful for the weathershield, the spreader poles, the 10'x10.5' Vertex tarp, and the pockets underneath the hammock (but within the down underquilt) to stow my day clothes; keeping them toasty warm to put on in the morning. It all works together to make a large oasis of cleverly thought out space protected from the elements.

The TX-250 was not available at the time and would be an option I'd have to think about with the trade-off of fewer pockets to stow frequently needed items underneath the hammock that can be reached while sitting or lying in the hammock for the convertible weathershield mesh hood with greater ventilation, visibility and a few extra ounces (hmmm, now that I think about it, naaaah).

As far as Customer Service goes, the owner spent about 15 or 20 unhurried minutes on the phone with me patiently answering all the anxious questions I had from the comparative research I'd done on the lighter and less expensive ENO, Hennessey, JRB, Speer, WB models before shelling out the big bucks, and even threw in a couple of low cost but nice to have accessories. That's Real Good Customer Service in my book.

One other thing... at home I am a stomach & side sleeper. I start out on my back but usually find myself waking up on my side in my Clark. It has a flat lay on the diagonal. I have a stomach sleeper friend that got a bridge hammock for a flatter lay without having to sleep on the diagonal.
    Last edited by Brian Miller; 01-19-2015 at 12:43. Reason: One other thing...
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´><((((º>¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸

• + New Posts