Just a few weeks ago, I only vaguely knew that people camped with hammocks. I saw a photo on-line of someone motorcycle camping with a hammock and thought it looked more comfortable than sleeping on the ground. Next, I found Hammock Forums and soon became hooked on the idea.

So now I have a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe that I've spent a total of 30 minutes in and I'm not satisfied. I'm not satisfied and all of you are to blame. I feel the uncontrollable need to remove the stock suspension system and replace it with whoopie slings. I wont be able to rest until I replace the fixed ridge line with an adjustable one. I've already added about six inches of shock cord to the tie-out lines on my tarp. Of course, I had to add a ridge line to my tarp as well. I've got two ccf pads and a couple of sleeping bags but, from what I've read, I've must have an under quilt. I'm already on my second set of tree straps and I'm still not completely happy. I tried carabiners and steel rings (not MSR descending rings) and it didn't work all that well. Now, I'm using tree straps with large figure 9 carabiners but I'm not crazy about this setup either. So now I'm thinking of using toggles and whoppies.

Keep in mind that I've set this hammock up in the backyard twice. I HAVEN'T EVEN SPENT ONE NIGHT IN THIS THING YET! But ****, I'm having fun.