Hey Fellow Hangars, so after watching all my favorite youtubers and reading countless posts on here about the Superior Gear Superior Hammock I finally broke down and spent the money to upgrade some of my system. I posted a few weeks ago about the blemish sale and that was the inspiration or fear of missing out that started my purchases. I was able to get a blemished 30 degree hammock and based off of what I saw I can't find the blemish anywhere.

I was in an ENO doublenest since 2015 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Probably like most of you I found hammock camping kind of on my own out of a want to get off the ground and not to lug around a 20 lb cot. Other than the jungle hammocks, I never saw anyone else try it and was the first one in my area to hammock camp. Through trial and error I figured out my set up and then I started watching everyone else on youtube and then heard about this forum.

While the new hammock was amazing, it did take a few minutes and I mean minutes to get used to the new system. The suspension on the other hand took seconds to appreciate. Going from the daisy chain suspension to the Superior Suspension was mind blowing. I saw and read how easy it was, but there is just nothing like trying it yourself to appreciate it. If you are still using a daisy chain suspension I implore you to try out either the Superior Suspension or Dutch's Beetle Buckle. I am pretty sure it is lighter weight, I know my straps are much longer and sooo much more flexible. My daughter just kept saying how unfair it was that I didn't buy her new suspension yet.

So now that I have the hammock it is time to rethink my top quilt or sleeping bag, tarp, and even some of my other camping gear.

What are some of the items that you've changed over the years and why?