Yup, I live in Iowa. Sadly the corn just isn't strong enough to hang from, and the hiking, it is shall we say "limited". Most of my hanging is in the back yard, locally in county and state parks, some of those parks frown on anything touching their trees (maybe on the endangered species list for all I know).

I hope to be traveling out of state more soon and will spend much of that time outdoors hiking and camping. With my back I've found the best way to actually sleep is in a hammock. I've got a few Dutchware 11'ers, however, my go to hammock is a WB RR gen 2 single layer. Cover is provided by a silpoly 12' HG Journey with tarp poles on the pull outs. Insulation is currently a 50 degree TQ Costco quilt conversion from Hangtime hammocks that I combine with a AntiGravityGear Stratum 55 Top Quilt to stretch into the 40's. HG Econ 20 UQ for late spring, summer and early fall. Just recently added a 0 degree TQ and UQ by Cedar Ridge for late shoulder season and winter hangs.

I've made single pole "aluminum trees" from chain link fence top rails, my own Turtle Dog stands, and even a simple tensahedron stand, then I purchased two of the Tensa Solo's for easier packing.

I'm a little out of shape, working on that this year so that I can spend more quality time outdoors.