Hello all!

I’m in the military (Air Force) and have an upcoming deployment to Panama. I’m assigned to a non-military organization in Hawaii that goes to mostly SE Asia to excavate and recover remains of POW/MIA Americans from conflicts over the last several decades. We get issued some military gear but it’s bivouac style sleep systems. We’re allowed to take our own gear….which started my research into hammocks. I have a Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Backpacker with the Supershelter system. It was a used eBay purchase and even though I’ve set it up and saw no issues, it’s been in storage for 7ish years…so I think that’s going to be my backup.

Curious what you all would go with for sleep system in a jungle/rain forest environment - very hot, humid, and wet. It will be raining a lot. Staying dry is the most important factor. Ruggedness/toughness is probably the next most important. And a good nights sleep after manual labor all day is a close 3rd. We’ll be flown in on a chopper with a short trek to the site, so weight isn’t a big concern. Hammock, suspension, tarp, accessories….how would you do it? Money isn’t a concern because I’ll essentially get reimbursed.

The only thing I’m leaning towards so far is a Snugpak jungle bag for its anti-microbial properties but would defer to better judgement.

Thank you!

TSgt Hay