I realise most of you are wondering if Aussie hammockers hang upside down, bat like... but tis not true. My name is Perry Gamsby, I am 60, a former soldier with a late in life tertiary education who is desperately hanging on for the next five years to my hoped for retirement. To stay sane I camp; sometimes with one or more of my six children (aged 4 to 23) and my wife, sometimes alone or with a cobber (Aussie for buddy). Since leaving the army decades ago I have always car camped but when my beloved Land Rover Freelander 2 (LR2) was off the road for 3 months I rediscovered the joys of carrying your world on your back. I had a Tier Gear Goshawk hammock made for me by Simon in Tasmania in 2016 but had only ever used it to relax in during the day at camp. Now I began that learning curve you are all nodding about as you read this. In the past few months I have learned a lot, fallen in love with hammocking, introduced my eldest daughter to the game and will next month have two more happily hammocking at the 1st Annual Family Hang In at Belanglo State Forest (yes, the place the serial killer Ivan Milat used to haunt). I will be gleaning all I can from your posts and hopefully contributing a little of my own experiences. Cheers.