I built a DIY Tato stand so I could bring my Blackbird XLC on my son's scouting events. Their event calendar means I'm using the hammock outside of my usual summer hiking season. I know I'm pushing a 20 degree Wooki and Diamondback when overnight temps are in the low 20s, but I'm generally pretty happy with what I've gotten away with so far.

I do need to figure out why my feet are freezing at night, though. In the summer, it wasn't really something I noticed, but now, it's a bit more important to me. First thing I noticed is that I seem to push the hammock footbox past the underquilt. While the Diamondback zipped footbox gives it a valiant try, it's not enough. Finally I decided it was worth crawling out from under the Diamondback to take a closer look at what was going on, and I realized I seem to run out of Wooki before I run out of legs - the insulated portion seems to end mid-calf or so.

Shoulders at the Warbonnet logo, nice flat diagonal, although nowhere near the angle of the Wooki baffles, 6' 3", give or take.

There aren't a lot of ways to screw up with a Wooki, which is sort of the point, but I'm curious if I'm missing something here.

I want to sort this out before I get a set of lower temp quilts for events outside of shoulder season.

Thanks!