So I've sorted some good, strong fixing points in my L2H2 Mk8 Transit van for a diagonal hang - using TRS harness bolt eyelets with large back plate in triple thickness sheet steel above the rear doors and some climbing hangers on M10 bolts with large washer on the back through a support beam at the front.

I had clipped directly onto these with carabiners, but it's clear these are going to wear through too quickly. I need a fabric section between the metal of the bolts/eyelets and the metal of the carabiner. I thought of climbing slings but the minimum length available is 30cm which would make my hammock far too low even if doubled up to give 15cm. I tried these nylon climbing daisy-chains I happened to have, which shows me that the length I need at each end is a maximum of 10cm - these loops are 14cm laying flat but come to around 10cm once looped back on themselves as shown.

Any thoughts? Should I get some cord - maybe some dyneema? What is thick enough for this purpose? And what woulda suitable knot be? It needs to be something available in the UK and not too expensive since I have 4 attachment points (for options of which direction to hang - including outside the van)

Don't mind my housemate hiding inside and laying non-diagonally (!) ... thought I'd show a photo of it 'in action and this is the only one I have!

1FDC28AD-5ECC-46D2-8B1A-5EF03580BB1C_1_105_c.jpeg D1EB8EFE-575B-4FB2-A3EB-A1133AC46275_1_105_c.jpeg 737F43BE-A7BA-41F1-A50C-32998140320C_1_105_c.jpeg