Over three years ago I purchased a custom silpoly tarp from Jared. He was great to work with, as this was a totally custom design, using my specs. It was for a 90 degree hammock (Amok Draumr and the old HammockTent Gamma UL), so it required a shorter ridge line, and I wanted longer doors and a center tie out. In all, a little different.

Jared created a terrific tarp, and it got A LOT of use in those three years. Less than a month ago, I had it and my Draumr UL set up on the edge of my woods. It was a windy day, but suddenly we were getting huge gusts, 40 mph plus. I was literally reaching up to loosen the ridge line tie out when a gust hit that ripped the tarp, just below the ridge line seam.

One half of the tarp was undamaged, so I reached out to Jared to see if he could use that half and create a whole, repaired unit. I sent photos, and he said that he thought it could be done. Jared quoted me a fair price for the repair, and I sent the undamaged half off to him. We exchanged a few emails regarding some details, and low and behold. in about ten days (from first contact) I had a package in the mailbox.

When I opened the package I was surprised to find the undamaged half along with an ENTIRELY NEW TARP! Jared determined that it was far better to create a new tarp than try to use the old half. There was no additional charge. Jared explained that customer satisfaction is his primary goal, and that he doesn't want to send out something that he wouldn't want for himself.

You have to admire someone who takes such pride in their work. On top of that Jared has the reputation for such amazing turn around times. I don't know how he does it, but he has created many lifelong customers due to his efforts. Jared, thank you!

SLD CUSTOM TARP.jpg