Howdy all.

I'm in Texas and have been my entire life. Grew up in the Dallas area where scouting taught me that I love Hammocks. I started with the old academy style stringy ones with the poly ropes at the ends. They worked me well and im sure I still have one or 2 of them. I took a couple cruises that stopped in Mexico and fell in love with the colorful woven ones there and still have 3-4 i keep as backups. Took a road trip with a buddy a few years back and we decided to hammock camp the whole way so got a double nest and I haven't looked back. I've got probably 6 hammocks now not including those older ones I mentioned above. Currently trying to get my girlfriend in on it and so far its going well.

After a recent divorce I'm looking at getting back into camping and hiking, things that weren't fun with her. So I have gotten things like an under quilt, suspension straps, tarp etc. Still learning about Ridgeline and whoopee slings and other things that you learn about as you become more knowledgeable about a topic. I'm excited to get back on the trails and get some nights under the stars.

I'm currently in the process of designing some kind of truck based contraption for when there aren't any trees around, using things like unistrut, but I want to be able to remove it from the truck and stow it away pretty quickly. And I have a few ideas but nothing super solid. I'd love to get some kind of gear trailer and then a telescoping structural frame to hang from (unistrut or something) but then I've got a 10ft piece of metal to deal with and only a 5'6" bed on the truck.

Really am enjoying this hobby and when its cool like it is now here in Texas I sometimes choose to sleep outside in the yard rather than inside. I can't wait to see what I'll learn next and where it will take me. I really enjoy making my own stuff, so ridgelines, tieouts and stuff. While making my own hammock my be in my future it will be a while.

Been lurking for a while but decided to finally introduce myself. So hey, I'm Rob and I have a hammock problem.