Hammock
    Dream Hammock custom Sparrow
    Tarp
    15'x15' DD
    Insulation
    SLD Trailwinder UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    For anyone that has a little bit more money to devote, I'd encourage you to look at Dream Hammock and Dutchware.
    The options for customizing are truly amazing.
    It's very cool to carefully consider all the options and make a design based upon your personal likes and dislikes.
    I have never had a Hennesey or a Warbonnet but their color choices are very limited as are the fabric choices.
    Imagine having something like 50 different fabrics to choose from...multiple colors for each part of the hammock...
    I'm not saying clown colors, but for instance, I wanted the outside fairly neutral without being Olive Drab or Coyote Brown. So I went for a medium gray. And the inside I wanted some color. So that's like a lime green. And the top cover, I wanted something that would make a pleasant light inside so I got robin's egg blue, similar to a favorite tent of mine.

I got a fabric on the inside that's very soft and has a bit of texture so I don't slip around much. I feel this was a really good decision.

And the exterior fabric is very durable and wear resistant.
    Plus you get to customize zippers, vents (bugscreen on the top cover)
    For example, instead of a little triangle vent screen at the peak, I got a vertical strip of net, and so I can see outside all the time and my breath is vented right out near my face so I don't get condensation issues.

I got the DH Sparrow double-layer. (The Dutchware Chameleon is similar.) Dream Hammock's customer service is great. They are a small family-run shop in Ohio and this is all they do. Their communication is great and they really help you to make decisions and guide you through the process.
    I like to get the highest quality gear I can. I keep my gear for a LONG time. My Moss and Eureka tents date back to 1987 and 1984.

I had the Ensolite pad in there when temps were around 8 degrees F at night and I was comfortable with my Trailwinder (SLD) underquilt. When temps are in 20s and 30s, I don't find a need for the pad.
    Last edited by blackdoghang; 03-11-2022 at 10:39.

• + New Posts