Does anyone have experience using webbing, instead of rope, for a continuous ridge line for their tarp? I've always used two straps to tie to the trees from each of the ridge line tie out points on my tarp. The reason I use webbing instead of rope is to prevent damaging the tree bark. I know people say it doesn't damage the bark to use rope, but I'm not in that camp. I am thinking about having the ridge line above the tarp. I would be concerned if it was under the tarp that water would run down the straps and under the tarp.

I would like to try a continuous ridge line with something like the 1" hybrid dyneema/polyester webbing from Myers Tech Hammock Lab on Ebay. If using prusiks, maybe a thicker rope like amsteel 1/8" or 1/4" might work, but I'm concerned it either won't stay in place, or will be unreasonably difficult to slide. I've looked through Dutchware Gear's hardware, but I don't think any of their stuff would work with webbing. Maybe there is a buckle of some kind that could be installed on the webbing and then attached to the tarp with a soft shackle or carabiner?