Hey all,

Happy Weekend.

So the Primary Suspension on my HG Incubator started sagging, when I was out on a short backpack trip. Because of the great people here, I remembered an in the fireld fix. I was able to take up the slack, with a slippery half hitch, on each end of the quilt suspension. This brought it back to hanging about 10 inches above the hammock, prior to slipping it under the hammock. Perfect. Sleep was extraordinary.

Got home and contacted HG. Harry as usual, was extremely polite and helpful. Thanks again Harry.

Harry recommended I switch out the 3/32 inch shock cord, for 1/8 inch. as its the primary suspension and as I typically stack my quilts in the winter. More likely then not, the stacking of the quilts is what did my 3/32 inch shock cord in. I am sure it had nothing to do with my COVID weight gain.

If you are going to switch out your primary or secondary suspension/cordage, dont do what I did. I pulled the old cordage out. I then had to thread the new cordage in using a little brass rod I had, in the shop. I duct taped the new cordage onto the rod and then threaded it through the primary suspension channel. An easier way to do this would have been to just tie the new cordage, onto an end of the old cordage and then just pull the new cordage through the channel, as you removed the old cordage. DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never said I was a smart man...............

Hope this helps someone. It taught me a lesson I wont forget.

Bob