Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhiker View Post
These pictures are just awesome!
Thank ya… when I got home I realized how many dog pics I had. Pretty fun having her along
Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
Nice write up and great pictures. Thanks for sharing
Much appreciated Deb
Quote Originally Posted by DocTheo View Post
Nice write up and amazing pictures. Makes me want to go back to the Chatooga River for a backpacking trip - last time I was there was for a whitewater kayak/rafting trip.

Gorgeous area - I’ll be in the general vicinity next year on the AT but I may have to make an effort to do a weeklong trip sooner than that.

Thanks for the report!
Thanks DocTheo… it was a fun one. The Foothills would be an good winter training area for your AT hike. I’m not a whitewater kayaker but I bet that would be fun on the river.
Quote Originally Posted by Otter1 View Post
AWESOME!!!!

Thanks to you & your recommendation of a shuttle driver it was easy to plan my FHT hike last year. I'm gonna add this to my list.

Thank you
It’s a good un if you want a change of pace. Not many folks after the CRT branches off from the FHT. Lots of campsites I wish I could have stayed at if I had more time.
Quote Originally Posted by u.willie View Post
Excellent write up and photos!
Thanks for taking the time & sharing.
I loved my short time along the Chatooga River, when I hiked the Foothhills Trail. Such a beautiful river.

willin'
Glad you enjoyed the write up and pics. I’m not sure they do the river justice but it gives you a taste of it. Lots of good places to lollygag.
Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
Great trail report & pics!

Your pup looks pretty relaxed, laying with you in the hammock. Looks like a really pretty area too.

Thanks for posting.
Lacey had a great time - she’s always eager to hit the trail and for some shut eye at night.
Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
What a thorough trip report with great pictures! I've done that same hike a couple of years ago with some friends and really liked it. There are so many good trails in that area (as you know) that one could spend a lot of time exploring and connecting them on various different routes without really having to drive overly far.
I bet that was a fun trip with friends. I had fun but it got a little hot. Not that 90 is hot for SC but it made me ready to hit higher elevations. Ive got one other trail I was eyeing near Rabun Bald that I might have to see if you or Swampfox have any intel one. Probably save that one for the fall though.